Suggestion for a new forum...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Suggestion for a new forum...

Suggestion for a new forum... 01 Nov 2010 10:21 #2654

• b52hbuff
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Last night I decided to start creating an airshow profile. I wanted to take the Monitoring Times Airshow article and arrange it into a favorites list that would allow someone to have a pretty flexible and generic configuration. The article lists:
Blue Angels (air/ground)
Thunderbirds (a/g)
Snowbirds
Common UHF/VHF
ISR
GMRS
Civil Air Patrol

Anyway, when I was done with it, I wanted to share. Could we setup a forum or an area where we could post favorites files?

Thanks!

Re:Suggestion for a new forum... 01 Nov 2010 10:42 #2658

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
The forum itself lets you upload files (up to 120 kB per file) and attach to your message. File must end with zip, txt, doc, or gz. If there is another common extension required, I can add allowance for it.

Re:Suggestion for a new forum... 01 Nov 2010 12:21 #2662

• b52hbuff
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
I meant a sub-forum. A place that would just be for uploads of Favorites..

Re:Suggestion for a new forum... 01 Nov 2010 16:02 #2674

• Ohio-user
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Yahoo groups

groups.yahoo.com/group/HomePatrol/

Some more HP info, also a place to share favorotes.

Re:Suggestion for a new forum... 01 Nov 2010 21:31 #2679

• randybcd396t
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
b52hbuff wrote:
Last night I decided to start creating an airshow profile. I wanted to take the Monitoring Times Airshow article and arrange it into a favorites list that would allow someone to have a pretty flexible and generic configuration. The article lists:
Blue Angels (air/ground)
Thunderbirds (a/g)
Snowbirds
Common UHF/VHF
ISR
GMRS
Civil Air Patrol

Anyway, when I was done with it, I wanted to share. Could we setup a forum or an area where we could post favorites files?

Thanks!

I'm trying to find the airshow frequencies in the HP-1 database. I can't find Blue Angels, Thunderbirds, Showbirds, ...

Where did you find them in the database? Or are you using 3rd party software to add them?

Thanks...

Re:Suggestion for a new forum... 02 Nov 2010 00:05 #2682

• Jay911
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
randybcd396t wrote:
I'm trying to find the airshow frequencies in the HP-1 database. I can't find Blue Angels, Thunderbirds, Showbirds, ...

Where did you find them in the database? Or are you using 3rd party software to add them?

For someone who is not afraid to "get their hands dirty", so to speak, making custom HomePatrol/Sentinel "Favorites" files is not all that difficult. I created a custom one that has stuff in it that is not in the RRDB at all. All I needed was OpenOffice (or Excel, or anything else that edits tabular separated values files). Even Notepad would do, but it would be a bit tedious to edit that way.

I'm reasonably sure that the third party programs coming out will make use of this functionality as well.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds