• Page:

TOPIC: Suggestion for a new forum...

Re:Suggestion for a new forum... 02 Nov 2010 08:22 #2685

• randybcd396t
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Jay911 wrote:
randybcd396t wrote:
I'm trying to find the airshow frequencies in the HP-1 database. I can't find Blue Angels, Thunderbirds, Showbirds, ...

Where did you find them in the database? Or are you using 3rd party software to add them?

For someone who is not afraid to "get their hands dirty", so to speak, making custom HomePatrol/Sentinel "Favorites" files is not all that difficult. I created a custom one that has stuff in it that is not in the RRDB at all. All I needed was OpenOffice (or Excel, or anything else that edits tabular separated values files). Even Notepad would do, but it would be a bit tedious to edit that way.

I'm reasonably sure that the third party programs coming out will make use of this functionality as well.

Thanks...

Re:Suggestion for a new forum... 02 Nov 2010 09:00 #2688

• b52hbuff
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
I am using BuTel's new ARC-PATROL software to customize the radio. It is a file manipulation tool to use all of the power/experience/convenience that Butel has in other areas and it is applied to the HP-1.

This is my first BuTel product. I've been using software since the early days of the AR-8000. I'm still learning the program. And the existing program is a bit rough, since it is a Beta, but I am excited to put my data into the radio.

So what I am currently doing is taking Larry Van Horn's legendary airshow article and sorting it/installing it into a profile. In all my years of airshow monitoring, I've never managed to get recordings of the broadcasts I've enjoyed. Looking forward to taking the HP-1 to an airshow and getting some recordings.

My biggest gripe is that recording (for now) will need to be done in the car, since batteries and power will be required to start a recording. Maybe the limitation could be removed in some future version?

Re:Suggestion for a new forum... 02 Nov 2010 09:08 #2691

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
External power is not required for recording, but good batteries are. If the battery power gets too low, recording will stop (to prevent corrupting the directory structure on the SD card).

Re:Suggestion for a new forum... 03 Nov 2010 11:15 #2722

• Neil
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
Are you going to upload that list here?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds