RR data base
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: RR data base

Re:RR data base 24 Nov 2010 16:21 #3295

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
Still need to rebuild the Favorites list by hand if you want to use the new channel info.
Last Edit: 24 Nov 2010 16:21 by UPMan.

Re:RR data base 24 Nov 2010 18:15 #3296

• 2coycproc
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
  • Retired Commercial Corporate Pilot
I used ARC-Patrol to do the job, They are all updated now.
I did try to do it using the HP-1, but found it to be far too fidely, and time consumming.
Paul
VA3PRG

Re:RR data base 24 Nov 2010 18:22 #3297

• randybcd396t
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
2coycproc wrote:
I used ARC-Patrol to do the job, They are all updated now.
I did try to do it using the HP-1, but found it to be far too fidely, and time consumming.

How does ARC-Patrol do it? Is it automatic?

Re:RR data base 24 Nov 2010 19:00 #3298

• 2coycproc
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
No, its not automatic, you first have to delete the system that you want to update, then, using the RR fetch utility, you import the new (revised) system, its not hard to do, just make sure that you SAVE your original FAV file, and do a "SAVE" with each new updated system addition. I had no problems at all......
Paul
VA3PRG

Re:RR data base 24 Nov 2010 22:13 #3301

• randybcd396t
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
2coycproc wrote:
No, its not automatic, you first have to delete the system that you want to update, then, using the RR fetch utility, you import the new (revised) system, its not hard to do, just make sure that you SAVE your original FAV file, and do a "SAVE" with each new updated system addition. I had no problems at all......

Thanks...

Maybe I'm missing something, but it does not appear any easier than deleting and adding the favorites using Sentinal.

Re:RR data base 24 Nov 2010 22:56 #3303

• 2coycproc
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
well, I did not try it with Sentinal, only because I am used to Arc-Patrol. I do know that trying to modify a Favorite within the HP-1 manualy is a pain. I have three or four FAV files with more than eight systems in them, and with ARC-Patrol its a snap to edit them.....
Paul
VA3PRG
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds