Question about adding CB frequencies. . .
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Question about adding CB frequencies. . .

Question about adding CB frequencies. . . 10 Dec 2010 00:46 #3571

• Hip2u77
  • ( Visitor )
Is there anyway to add the GMRS/FRS and CB frequencies so they will be available in 10 states during a road trip in 2 weeks?

I will be using a GPS with the HP1 and would like to be able to just select "Ham" and have them available regardless of what state I'm in.

We'll be off-roading in California, Nevada and Arizona and being able to scan for other people in the area is nice. (I will have my CB with me but it doesn't scan.)

Does all the various third-party software just create custom favorite lists or actually modify the internal database?

Thanks,

Shawn

Re:Question about adding CB frequencies. . . 10 Dec 2010 07:44 #3573

• LEP
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
ARC Home Patrol allows you to add frequencies of your choice.I bought it specifically to add the amateur radio repeaters in my area which are not part of the radioreference database which the HP uses because of an arbitrary (IMHOP illogical) rule they do not include my local repeaters.

The ARC program does everything I need to custom tailor by editing-in frequencies that are not in the database.

Before ARC was availalbe, I purchase the ScanCat program which advertises it can be used for the same purpose. However, it was is in my personal view a waste of time and money so I can not recommend that program at all.

Good luck on your trip,

LEP

Re:Question about adding CB frequencies. . . 10 Dec 2010 11:31 #3580

• 2coycproc
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
  • Retired Commercial Corporate Pilot
Yes, ARC Patrol is all you need, it really is a nice program, and well worth the money...
Paul
VA3PRG

Re:Question about adding CB frequencies. . . 11 Dec 2010 03:12 #3588

• Docwatson431
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
ARC Patrol is worth the $30.00. It will let you add any frequence you want and you can edit geo and alpha tags.

changes using ARC 12 Dec 2010 14:39 #3617

• RXB2
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
What happens to your changes when you update the HP database?

Re:Question about adding CB frequencies. . . 12 Dec 2010 14:56 #3618

• ladder9
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
Nothing .. customized favorite lists do not auto update ... just the full database updates, the 2 are not linked.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds