Can ARC Patrol SW do this?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can ARC Patrol SW do this?

Can ARC Patrol SW do this? 18 Dec 2010 08:45 #3765

• MikeSD
  • ( Visitor )
Question1:

You know how you can press menu, then "service types" and have a set of buttons to press to select which service types you want to listen to...

Does ARC Patrol software allow you to create new service types and add your own channels? Say I want a "service type" button that says. "Ham Repeaters" or "GMRS ", will ARC Patroll let me do that?

I know the SW will let me add my own frequencies but will it let me do it so it will operate like the radio currently works. I'd like to be able to select and deselect those new "service types" like I do now. If not, can someone explain how it does work with regards to creating new groups with your own frequencies.

Question 2:

Also does either HP or ARC allow you to filter frequencies based on CTCSS tones. Say a frequency has many users but you only want the scanner to stop on signals with a 103.5 CTCSS tone. Is that possible?

Re:Can ARC Patrol SW do this? 18 Dec 2010 09:26 #3767

• LEP
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
As you know there is already a service type called "Ham". I don't especially like that terminoloy since that is not an FCC service, I call my amateur radio repeaters, "Amateur radio" on my Favourite List created with ARC Patrol. However, so that they will be scanned I have tagged them as service type "Ham" and the associated avatar will be displayed. I include Simplex frequencies (i.e. 146.520 Mhz) in the list of 'repeaters.'

I have no personal interest in GMRS so have not tried entering any of those frequencies.

Yes, ARC Patrol allows you to enter whatever frequencies you wish and tag them at will. However, I am not aware of being able to add new "service types" to the lists.You can de-select "Ham" or you can call your Amateur radio frequencies "Business" or some other disused service if you wish.

LEP

Re:Can ARC Patrol SW do this? 19 Dec 2010 07:57 #3829

• ARC PATROL
  • ( Visitor )
You can not create your own service types, they are predefined in the HP-1.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

Re:Can ARC Patrol SW do this? 19 Dec 2010 16:11 #3873

• MikeSD
  • ( Visitor )
ARC PATROL wrote:
You can not create your own service types, they are predefined in the HP-1.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

Why must it be this way? This is a feature that should be made available to the user.

Re:Can ARC Patrol SW do this? 19 Dec 2010 22:16 #3882

• Docwatson431
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
This feature and a lot more SHOULD be available to the user, but Uniden has designed this unit for "newbies" who are apparently clueless. The HP could be a lot more with a firmware upgrade. I'm holding my breath to see

Re:Can ARC Patrol SW do this? 20 Dec 2010 07:57 #3889

• MikeSD
  • ( Visitor )
Docwatson431 wrote:
This feature and a lot more SHOULD be available to the user, but Uniden has designed this unit for "newbies" who are apparently clueless. The HP could be a lot more with a firmware upgrade. I'm holding my breath to see

Hopefully they will listen. Companies with huge egos, who don't realize others will find a better way, will be left in the dirt. Ask Palm.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds