Seems like Uniden is ignoring any firmware upgrade
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Seems like Uniden is ignoring any firmware upgrade

Seems like Uniden is ignoring any firmware upgrade 18 Mar 2011 18:41 #5332

• 9mmGuy
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
i have read quite a few threads with valid requests for modifications to the firmware and setinel software. I have owned my homepatrol about a week after it has been released to the public. its a good scanner, but improvements to the firmware and or setinel are sorely needed. You would think Uniden would throw us a bone with a mod to allow adding to favorites in a simpler way or even a better battery monitor idiot light that is more accurate. seems like they put out a product and are happy to leave things as they are. I would like an admin (in the know) to comment on any future upgrades. this may sound like a rant (well I guess it is) but i am happy with the unit so far, it could just be so much better with a tweak of the firmware

Re:Seems like Uniden is ignoring any firmware upgrade 18 Mar 2011 21:54 #5333

• rkeele
  • ( Visitor )
I agree.

Re:Seems like Uniden is ignoring any firmware upgrade 19 Mar 2011 08:03 #5335

• jay28
  • ( Visitor )
I agree, there is software out there and
I contacted Uniden and since it is not theirs we have to use it at our own risk. The Homepatrol1 is a great scanner and it seems like it wouldn't be hard to upgrade anything to it. I hope with enough requests that Uniden will do something soon.

Re:Seems like Uniden is ignoring any firmware upgrade 19 Mar 2011 12:04 #5336

• rckydenver
  • ( Visitor )
I've been wishing for a firmware update as well, like to see a delay feature for the HP-1. Been thinking about just boxing up this radio and put on the self and getting the PSR-800 and least they get update firmware on that, get the wildcards, encrytion with user controllable sound, plus the X-TDMA phaseII. I like the HP-1 for the color screen and touch, i guess that it. Oh well.:S

Re:Seems like Uniden is ignoring any firmware upgrade 19 Mar 2011 18:12 #5344

• larryc43230
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
Firmware upgrades usually entail bug fixes. I'm not aware of any bug fixes that are currently needed, at least not any major ones.

Regarding additional functionality such as adjustable delay, Uniden never promised this, or any of the other features some are demanding. Uniden released lots of information regarding the unit's features months before the unit was available for sale, and everyone who bought the unit knew (or at least should have known) what features were included and what wasn't included.

Lastly, I don't know of too many companies that announce firmware upgrades ahead of their release. I have to presume Uniden will release any new firmware on their own schedule, and we'll be the first to know about it here in the forums.

--Larry

Re:Seems like Uniden is ignoring any firmware upgrade 19 Mar 2011 20:14 #5346

• Docwatson431
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
I agree. I'm thinking of trading in the Home Patrol for a BCD996T. I miss not having a delay that works and priorty channels. I have grown tried of sending updates to RR and find the 3rd party Arc Patrol much easier to use.
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds