Car use - powering and charging
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Car use - powering and charging

Car use - powering and charging 07 Aug 2011 12:13 #6738

• antennahead
  • ( Visitor )
I use my HP-1 in my car alot. Is there any way to prevent having to manually turn on and off the radio so it occurs automatically with the ignition? Also is there a way to prevent having to tell it whether or not to charge the batteries every time it gets turned on? This is a major gripe with me on use of this radio. It needs to be more car user friendly in that regard. I hope this may be an option in the upgrade releases this month.

Re:Car use - powering and charging 07 Aug 2011 13:48 #6739

• finallap
  • ( Visitor )
I don't think the is any thing they can do to make it turn off with your ignition,because there is still power going to your cigarette lighter adapter when you turn the ignition off. About the rest I have no idea

Re:Car use - powering and charging 07 Aug 2011 14:45 #6740

• antennahead
  • ( Visitor )
I can rewire my cig outlet to work with ignition/accessory but I haven't. The internal batteries power the unit when external power is not present so it would need a way to sense the external power and turn on and off that way. It needs the internal batteries to keep its memory otherwise I might try running it without them. There probably needs to be a setup feature or something to allow it to work that way.

Re:Car use - powering and charging 19 Aug 2011 16:40 #7008

• paulct
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I agree with you. There is an 'auto shut off" in the menu that can turn it off in a user specified period of time, but it seems to reset back to "no shut off" when you turn it back on.

One of my ham radios has a great auto off feature: If you don't touch the controls, or transmit, in a set period of time, it shuts off. But it gives you 30 seconds of beeps before it does that. Just touch any button and it stays on. Perfect. I never shut off the radio when I park the car, it just turns itself off in an hour! I always have my radios on battery, not ignition as I sometimes sit and listen, and don't want to have all the other stuff in the car on when the key is turned to accessory.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.41 seconds