I see you have many posts on this subject. I will try to help, but please post on this thread.
First verify that the firmware is successfully upgraded on the HP1. To do that you have to:
1) turn on the HP1
2) select menu
3) Select Advanced Menu
4) Select Version Information
Please confirm that the Firmware Version is 2.00. If the version is 2.00, you have successfully installed the latest Firmware. If it is not Version 2.0, you have not installed the latest version.
Assuming you have confirmed that the Firmware version is 2.00, the next thing you need to do is verify your key.
1) In the same place you checked the firmware version you will nee the ESN number.
2) login into MyUniden.com
3) Under my products, go to All My Scanners
4) Find the ESN for the HP1 you registered. It should match the ESN number you found on the HP1.
5) Under the ESN number you should see the key for the paid upgrade you purchased. This is the key you need to enter on the HP1.
If everything is OK so far, you can enter the key on the HP1.
1) On the HP1 select menu
2) Select Advanced Menu
3) Select Advanced Option
4) Select Register Advanced
5) Enter key with the hyphens
You should now be finished. Please post back the results.
FIRMWARE VERSION 2.0
DATABASE VERSION 3/09/2011
HEWLP VERSION 08/10/2011
ESN NUMBER IS NOT THE ESN NUMBER UNDER MY ACCOUNT WHEN I PAID
ONLY THE FIRST 6 DIGIT MATCH MY ACCOUNT PAGE THAT HAS REG KEY PROVIDED
I WENT BACK TO SENTENTIAL AND DID FIRMWARE UPGRADE THAT ESN NUMBER IS NOW THEE ESN NUMBER IN MY SCANNER AND SAYS ITS LATEST WHY DOESNT IT MATCH THE ORGINAL ESN NUMBER SHOULD IT HAVE CHANGED THEM WHY WHEN I ENTER THE REG KEY I GET ERROR MESSAGE