Will the "new" Radio Reference DB update Sentinel?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Will the "new" Radio Reference DB update Sentinel?

Will the "new" Radio Reference DB update Sentinel? 15 Sep 2011 16:16 #7483

• Neil
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
The messages at RR say that the DB should have been updated this morning. But when I try to update from Sentinel it just says I have the most current DB. Either RR has not yet updated (some four or five hours past when they said to expect it) or Sentinel somehow is not seeing it. I am very unfamiliar with the RR site. Anyone know if they have updated yet (the ham frequencies are what I want) and if Sentinel will see that update normally?

Re:Will the "new" Radio Reference DB update Sentinel? 15 Sep 2011 16:37 #7484

• spec5
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
  • Pershing Professional
The latest database was updated 9/11/11. Did you check the version of the database on the HP-1?

Go to Menu, Advanced Menu, Version information. As far as if Ham was updated I don't know.
Pershing Professional

Re:Will the "new" Radio Reference DB update Sentinel? 15 Sep 2011 18:42 #7486

• Neil
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
The radio ref people were announcing a major update to their db for this morning 9/15, which apparently has not gone live as planned as yet. It is that update which is supposed to contain thousands of new repeaters. My question is when this is released will HP be able to take it all in?

Re:Will the "new" Radio Reference DB update Sentinel? 15 Sep 2011 19:04 #7487

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
The changes have been made, look at the DB pages and they are different. As for the HAM repeaters, I think those like all other ites will have to be submitted to RR and entered by admins just as they have been for everything else.

Re:Will the "new" Radio Reference DB update Sentinel? 15 Sep 2011 20:32 #7492

• Neil
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
Thanks. Their announcement rather made it seem they would immediately be listing the repeaters. But if they are going thru the submit process I guess it might take many weeks. Darn.

Re:Will the "new" Radio Reference DB update Sentinel? 15 Sep 2011 20:45 #7494

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
well they will have more but thats in the works, in the meantime submitting stuff is the way to do it.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds