Portable antennas
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Portable antennas

Portable antennas 27 Nov 2011 13:32 #8150

• Art K
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
I'm looking for the "best" inside antenna for my HP1. As we currently reside in a rental duplex an outside antenna is prohibitive due to landlord constraints. What is the best overall inside antenna??? Also why is the audio portion of this unit so LOW I need to adjust it almost 3/4's to hear it approx. 12ft.away, & no my hearing is adequate, Att. off however AGC is on. My old Pro 96 R/S handheld is very audible at 1/2 gain.
A.Konnis

Re: Portable antennas 01 Dec 2011 04:36 #8169

• spec5
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
  • Pershing Professional
Click on Search above, then Search in Categories and then click on Antennas and Improving reception. Find what you want there. For those also wanting answers to questions that is a good place to start first. I hope you find what you want.
Pershing Professional

Re: Portable antennas 01 Dec 2011 22:12 #8172

• nkryptd
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
The inside antenna that I use is "portable" in the broad sense of the word.
It is the discone antenna sold by Radio Shack. It is designed to be mounted on a mast but mine just stands on the floor supported by the down sloping radials. It takes up about 4 square feet and stands about 4 feet tall. I connect to it with a ten foot cable with the appropriate connectors on each end. Its unconventional but works and is not difficult to move from room to room. Just be aware that the radials are a bit fragile.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds