New Firmware On the Way
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: New Firmware On the Way

Re: New Firmware On the Way 06 Jan 2012 19:35 #8396

• N1SAX
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
YES IT IS WORTH PAYING FOR THE EXTREME, people seem to forget that it was never a question of just getting more money from scanner owners! The real reason the extra cost is charged is 100's of hours time and sweat equity has been put into the design of making other things work! LET me ask you this one question! Did you enjoy entering just your ZIP code and getting the channels in your listening area or you would had rather entered each and every letter in the alpha tags the encode and the decode numbers and all the other info with a simple 5 number entry got you listening to all that you listen to??????????? I have read so many folks belly ache about spending money on things, all the info is abailable if you wanted to you could have joined Radio Reference paid to join that web site thenscratch your head only to find out you may have left out one simple step and had to start all over, YOUR CORRECT ANSWER ON THIS QUESTION IS YES THAT WAS A REAL SMART THING THAT HAS EVER BEEN DEVELOPED, SO A YES, I WILL SPEND THE EXTRA TO GET MORE ITEMS TO WORK IN YOUR SIDE OF THINGS!!!!!!! THIS SITE HAS so much info you can read for months and learn so much that when you see all it has to offer it is so worth what you will get out of it!!!! I thank all that contribute to this site and continues to be a great tool.
So other than that Mrs. Lincoln, How was the play?
It takes a Long time to Grow an old Friend.
You never get a second chance to make a First impression!

Re: New Firmware On the Way 06 Jan 2012 19:41 #8398

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
Note that release is delayed a few days. Better right than right now.

I will be at CES next week, so it is difficult for me to be certain when I will have access to the systems I need to access to prepare the release, but I'll work on it as soon as I get the go-ahead.

To perform the update itself, you will simply need to install a new version of Sentinel and then tell it to check for new firmware.
Last Edit: 06 Jan 2012 19:42 by UPMan.

Re: New Firmware On the Way 06 Jan 2012 19:57 #8399

• N1SAX
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
You might be having the sound cut by similcasting issues,or a voting system that works against you, try a directional antenna to see if that changes that exact issue and you just might supprise yourself!! IF you pick up two towers that are transmitting the same thing and the person transmitting is between the two towers this would happen!!!!
So other than that Mrs. Lincoln, How was the play?
It takes a Long time to Grow an old Friend.
You never get a second chance to make a First impression!
Last Edit: 06 Jan 2012 20:01 by N1SAX. Reason: missing letter

Re: New Firmware On the Way 06 Jan 2012 20:07 #8400

• Wise87
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
The holidays and CES next week are killing the excitment for the release. :-( There's also a 3 day weekend coming up.

Re: New Firmware On the Way 07 Jan 2012 17:28 #8411

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
Reports of the death of excitement are greatly exaggerated. :)

I just released the update. Follow the links and instructions at info.uniden.com/HomePatrol

In general, you need to install a new version of Sentinel, then check for new firmware and a new database.

We will continue to support “legacy” users with database updates for another week or two, but by the end of the month, if a user hasn’t updated to the latest versions, they will stop getting new database versions (new features implemented by RadioReference makes the old/new databases incompatible).

Also for the next week or two, the new database will not be on the normal Monday Morning schedule. I issued a new dB this morning and will probably not be able to run another pull until after I get back from CES.

Enjoy!
Last Edit: 07 Jan 2012 17:34 by UPMan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: dwinslow

Re: New Firmware On the Way 07 Jan 2012 18:31 #8423

• Duke
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
  • WB9OJD w/ KA9UPI (deceased-my HP named for him)
Can't get onto the link...I guess everyone and their brother is updating!
It won't connect...just sits and spins.

DUKE, WB9OJD
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds