New Firmware On the Way
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: New Firmware On the Way

Re: New Firmware On the Way 10 Jan 2012 16:46 #8539

• Philke3fl
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks OldCop I'll check that out when I have the computer to work with. I grew up in Syosset LI NY (Nassau County) :)
Phil KE3FL / KPC3FL

Re: New Firmware On the Way 11 Jan 2012 01:38 #8545

• KD8HE
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
If you have the new firmware, sentinel software and the latest HPDB update in your HP1, the "national frequencies" can be selected by choosing menu/advanced menu/select national systems from the HP1 menus system. Dont need a computer to do this but your HP1 needs to be scanning using the full database. Make sure you have the system types selected that correspond with the national frequencies you have selected...several of them are service type "other".
Ham OP since 1981
The following user(s) said Thank You: Philke3fl

Re: New Firmware On the Way 11 Jan 2012 03:45 #8547

• OCO
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
Unfortunately, on Sentinel, you don't have the option of not getting the Nationwides.. We need a button on the Profile page to use/not use Nationwide systems. Using "Add Channels on Range" is pretty useless, if you select a group of service types that include both local and nationwide systems..
The following user(s) said Thank You: Philke3fl

Re: New Firmware On the Way 11 Jan 2012 10:29 #8552

• Philke3fl
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks again guys for the clarifications.
Phil KE3FL / KPC3FL

Re: New Firmware On the Way 13 Jan 2012 00:31 #8576

• 9mmGuy
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
Maybe its just my inexperience, but the new update just isnt jazzing me at all. where can i learn how to use some of the features without the extreme update. since i owned the home patrol, i just programmed a favorites list and thats it. I live close to Newark,Nj (east coast murder/homocide capital--we try harder) and i thought id hear a lot of chatter on the police bands, but i dont. i spent some cash on butel's arc patrol and dont even use that. can someone buy me a clue? otherwise i think i am pretty smart, but my wife doesnt agree. :)

Re: New Firmware On the Way 13 Jan 2012 00:45 #8577

• KD8HE
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
How did it work with the full database and just enter your zip code? When i first got mine I entered the zip and turned on all service types and I heard things i'd never heard before. Then i picked the stuff I heard and wanted for my favorites. The most significant thing I had to learn was that the RR database was volunteer maintained which means there may be errors but at least it was populated with active and verified data. There is still work to do on the geotagging part of the database but it will get better with feedback from affected users. The best thing to me about new update is the access to the national frequencies (in full database only) and that Sentinel does everything I can think of as far as programming and configuration. I bought Arc patrol early on but never use it now.
I've had my HP almost a year and am still learnig new stuff...Have fun.
Harry
Ham OP since 1981
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds