New Firmware On the Way
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: New Firmware On the Way

Re: New Firmware On the Way 13 Jan 2012 11:20 #8581

• Philke3fl
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
OK, I'm a bit confused, a normal situation I guess, but I thought that the "Nationwide" frequencies would be things like FRS, GMRS, Blue & Red Dot, MURS, CB, & say the normal service type frequencies allowed everywhere because they are considered "local" in range & allowed everywhere in the nation. Instead I see mostly aircraft/airport stuff (I only looked very briefly & decided, I didn't want to listen to that stuff.) I wanted the REAL Nationwide frequencies, those freqs allowed everywhere in the nation as in the above list I mentioned.

So, did I miss something in my very quick look last night or do I have this correct?

Oh, and as to 9mmGuy's question, the biggest part of the update that I see is to the Sentinel program where you can add your own freqs to your favorites lists so you don't need ARC software to do it for you. However, I believe ARC allows modifying ANY service type list of frequencies and I'm not sure if Sentinel does or not. I'm not sure that would be a good thing unless you use ARC to then save the list someplace so you can bring it back when the next DB update blows away all your hard hand entered freqs. A "Merge" ability is needed if they give us the ability to edit/update any and all service type freqs in our area. Again, those who know more than I, do I have this concern right?

Thanks.
Phil KE3FL / KPC3FL

Re: New Firmware On the Way 13 Jan 2012 16:48 #8586

• KD8HE
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
The very frequency groups you mentioned are all there in the 2.02 update...either you dont have the latest software or havn't paid attention to all of the instructions that have been posted in the last two days regarding their use.
The aircraft frequencies that you mention used to be in the "nationwide" system category and are now in the "statwide" systems in the new HPDB. If you see these air traffic control systems under "nationwide" then i'd guess you dont have the latest update.
BTW Sentinel has allowed edits to favorites including adding any frequency you want for as long as I can remember, it didnt just come with the 2.02 upgrade. I have Arc Patrol but havent used it since the 2.0 Sentinel update.
Harry
Ham OP since 1981

Re: New Firmware On the Way 13 Jan 2012 19:00 #8587

• Philke3fl
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
I've done all the updates & the HP-1 says it has 2.02 in it, what more do I need? The present database is dated 1/1/2012.

All mine shows is Air Route and things like, Edmonton (CZEG) whatever that means for a number of Canadian Cities
Phil KE3FL / KPC3FL
Last Edit: 13 Jan 2012 19:28 by Philke3fl. Reason: Added atabase info

Re: New Firmware On the Way 13 Jan 2012 19:32 #8588

• OCO
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
Same screen, what's the date of the database? Is it by any chance 01/08/2012? (edit - it should be the 01/06/2012 version )
Last Edit: 13 Jan 2012 21:02 by OCO.

Re: New Firmware On the Way 14 Jan 2012 21:41 #8594

• KD8HE
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
1/1/2012 is old database
Ham OP since 1981

Re: New Firmware On the Way 15 Jan 2012 18:24 #8605

• Philke3fl
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
I tried updating it last week and it was still at 1/1/ 2012 so it can only be "one" week old or there's a bug in the updating program.

So are you saying this big change happened this past week? Always possible but I've been talking about this problem for ~ two weeks now which was when 1/1/2012 was a BRAND NEW database.

So, what am I not understanding here?
Phil KE3FL / KPC3FL
Last Edit: 15 Jan 2012 18:26 by Philke3fl. Reason: minow word corrections
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds