When Selling HP Is Software License Transferable?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: When Selling HP Is Software License Transferable?

When Selling HP Is Software License Transferable? 17 Jan 2012 01:44 #8637

• Neil
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
I am thinking of selling my HP with the latest "Extreme" software, If I should sell it what happens to the new owner as far as the Software update? He or she would not be able to access my account so if they needed to reload the software they would be out of luck correct?
The topic has been locked.

Re: When Selling HP Is Software License Transferable? 17 Jan 2012 17:08 #8650

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
The upgrade is tied to the unit, not to you. Once the upgrade key is entered, it is locked into the unit and cannot be removed (without some special wizardry not available to general users).

Re: When Selling HP Is Software License Transferable? 17 Jan 2012 18:13 #8655

• N1SAX
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
<EDITED by Moderator to fix paragraph formatting: Don't press the ENTER button on your keyboard unless you want to start a new paragraph.>

!!THIS POST IF FOR EVERYONES INFO INCASE THIS HAS HAPPENED TO YOU OR MIGHT HAPPEN AS WELL!!

So Mr. Upman, lets say if a currant "owner" has a scanner that has an issue and that unit is not longer able to work, " it's BROKEN " does this mean that if it is "replaced" or it has been "exchanged" for a Refurb unit, or a unit new does this owner who owned this "original scanner" have to prove that HE owned that unit, need to repurchase the extreme upgrade software, or what, does that person NOT have rights any longer???

This question was asked before but until now not answered!!! What needs to happen so the original owner, needs to do so he has his upgrade for the replacement unit without charge to this owner?????
So other than that Mrs. Lincoln, How was the play?
It takes a Long time to Grow an old Friend.
You never get a second chance to make a First impression!
Last Edit: 18 Jan 2012 03:30 by N1SAX. Reason: corrected spelling and other wording

Re: When Selling HP Is Software License Transferable? 17 Jan 2012 18:17 #8656

• rwier
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Well now, I have two already, but based upon UPMan's response, I'll start the bidding at $300 USD.

Rob
Rob, Phoenix, AZ since '40
Used nearly every day:
996T, HP-1 (E) (x3), 500, 600, and 800 (x2)

Re: When Selling HP Is Software License Transferable? 17 Jan 2012 19:29 #8660

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
We work directly with the retailer or repair department to move the upgrade authorization to the replacement unit.

Re: When Selling HP Is Software License Transferable? 17 Jan 2012 21:13 #8664

• Neil
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
Please do NOT start any bidding as I have not as yet decided if I will be selling, thanks. (And thanks to Upman for his help!)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds