Hobbyist user....Extreme upgrade?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Hobbyist user....Extreme upgrade?

Re: Hobbyist user....Extreme upgrade? 30 Jan 2012 20:38 #8827

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
Technically it is as difficult as any other scanner to program (but physically, the big color screen does make entry easier). You still have to know what type of system, the system frequencies, and the Talk Group IDs for channels you want to hear.

That said, you really can't screw anything up permanently. There are some good resources explaining how trunked radio systems work at info.uniden.com/UnidenMan4/ScannerManuals#Other_Resources and lots of folks here who can chip in, too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kbarnsda

Re: Hobbyist user....Extreme upgrade? 31 Jan 2012 01:01 #8840

• kbarnsda
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
UPMan wrote:
<SNIP>There are some good resources explaining how trunked radio systems work at info.uniden.com/UnidenMan4/ScannerManuals#Other_Resources and lots of folks here who can chip in, too. <SNIP>

---------------------------------------------------------
After digging and digging I slogged through this thread and then found this jewel of a link.
README FIRST

There should be a "knowledge path" for users new to trunking made much more apparent.
I have had over 25 scanners in my lifetime and go back to the ancient CPM in computers.
This scanner is like a fun puzzle to me. I know that I am not getting the most out of it
due to my ignorance. I wish there was a course, built around the HP-1, that would teach
the way to enjoy your unit the most. I have given away all my scanners except a little ICOM IC-R2.

Thanks for taking the time to write this article... I will spend some time here studying it.
It has taken me over 2 months to find it. A lot of effort went into putting it together.
Thank you!!
Time to create page: 0.31 seconds