ARC Patrol info
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
ARC Patrol Discussion Forum

TOPIC: ARC Patrol info

ARC Patrol info 23 Oct 2010 18:31 #2229

• ARC PATROL
  • ( Visitor )
Preliminary info about the new ARC-PATROL software is now available at www.butelsoftware.com

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com
Last Edit: 23 Oct 2010 18:32 by .

Re:ARC Patrol info 23 Oct 2010 18:56 #2231

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
Gotta buy to demo it???????? There is something wrong with this picture.....

Re:ARC Patrol info 23 Oct 2010 18:59 #2232

• ARC PATROL
  • ( Visitor )
There is no demo yet..

Re:ARC Patrol info 23 Oct 2010 19:04 #2235

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
Ok, like I said, something fishy with this picture, paying for a BETA isn't exactly coshur either...... I'd never pay to use a BETA program, kinda like working for free, aint gonna happen.

Re:ARC Patrol info 23 Oct 2010 19:46 #2240

• LEP
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
I own 5 Butel programs for various scanner products and have been using them for years. I have always found Gommert, the owner, responsive to his customers either in person (he often shows his wares in Dayton in a booth next to Rich from ScannerMaster) or on several yahoo-groups devoted to individual software packages. He continues to support his programs with enhancements for Years, such as his program for the Uniden 780. I do not have any scanners other than Uniden so I am unaware of the details of his programs for those scanners but I assume his policies are parallel. Yes, I have bought some of this programs when they were in Beta and then moved "up" when they went to full release. I have no reluctance to deal with what is a first-class operation. Gommert was at the HP-1 pre-release introduction to the trade last Summer in Ft Worth. My own surprise at this announcement is when he was asked the direct Question on yahoo 2 weeks ago "when will there be ARC software? He replied "I haven't decided whether to offer a program or not", so either that was for competitive reasons or he made a late decision to bring his software to market.

I consider this great news as his ARC-XT (pro version) makes my BCD996XT a whole lot easier to manipulate and there is a full software manual unlike the Uniden web-based excuse for a manual for the XT radios.

Re:ARC Patrol info 23 Oct 2010 20:18 #2243

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
yeah, whatever..... but I am not gullable enough to pay to test drive a car either..... I guess it comes from the fact that several years ago I purchased some of his software and, well, there never was any "support" of any kind. In fact the emails for 6 months asking about issues were never answered and the software had more bugs than a corps. None were fixed and I spent money on something that was unusable. Add to it for 6 years or more he claimed there would be a version for the 2052, it never materialized either. Just makes people gunshy when they got stuck before. But the fact remains, even if those two things didn't happen I'd NEVER pay to use a BETA software and not having a demo, well, thats just not good business practice when it comes to software when if not all his other software but at least most do have demos.
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds