ARC Patrol info
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
ARC Patrol Discussion Forum

TOPIC: ARC Patrol info

Re:ARC Patrol info 24 Oct 2010 16:44 #2268

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
So your basically selling half a car at the moment and want buyers to test the product thats half completed. This reminds me of a certain Arc program and a year plus wait for logging. Or as I previously mentioned the 2052 which was announced on the site for 6 years or more and never materialized. Somewhere on one of my many computers I have an ARC program that I paid too much for that never did work properly and never got ANY support for and you want people to buy AND test your partially completed program...... If past history weren't what it is I might, MIGHT, try it, but not with what I have seen, and I think it's only fair that newbies be forewarned that there have been many issues in the past.
Alot of people had trouble with ScanCat too, I did too, the difference being they actually responded and, even though their present HP-1 software isn't complete they DO have a demo! At the least you could still make a demo. So what do you plan on doing if someone decides after buying that the program isnt for them? I'm worried that once your done with the programming someones going to say "I want my $$ back because this isn't what I expected", what then? 6 months to a year from now when it's finally complete? Just pointing things out here Gommert, and past issues make many gunshy, and asking people to buy half a program and test it too should make them gunshy no matter who is putting out the software.....I wouldn't do that with Adobe and I have dealt with them for 15 years or more.
Last Edit: 24 Oct 2010 16:45 by John.

Re:ARC Patrol info 24 Oct 2010 17:07 #2272

• ARC PATROL
  • ( Visitor )
We are accepting ARC-PATROL software pre orders just like many retailers did for the HP-1.
For obvious reasons there is no demo YET.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

Re:ARC Patrol info 24 Oct 2010 17:19 #2274

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
Theres a big difference between Arc and Uniden, hardware vs software. The HP-1 was beta tested, and I pretty sure the testers didn't pay to test it..... some may feel they did, but in reality the hardware/software side of things were well tested from the fact only one issue has popped up and thats a date problem. The only other issue was the expected one of geotagging on RR which had been undertaken way back with the GRE scanner. If GRE people helped like Upman did that task would have been way ahead instead of way behind. The fact is Uniden didn't sell or start selling half a radio so trying to compare ARC to that is pretty rediculous.... the RR issues are not under Unidens contol or fault.
I guess I feel you should have waitied until the program WAS ready for demo status and that includes 99% ready to sell, not 50%. As it is one of the major things it needs is missing, location data....without that it's useless.....

Re:ARC Patrol info 24 Oct 2010 17:56 #2275

• DonS
  • ( Visitor )
John wrote:
The only other issue was the expected one of geotagging on RR which had been undertaken way back with the GRE scanner. If GRE people helped like Upman did that task would have been way ahead instead of way behind.

I'm not sure why "GRE people" would be expending time and effort to ensure the integrity and completeness of data that their products don't use.

Re:ARC Patrol info 24 Oct 2010 19:04 #2276

• joemo
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
If you don't want to try the Beta that's OK. But I decided to give it a try, for twenty bucks I'll take a chance, and I'm glad I did.

I just spent a pleasant afternoon watching football and re-arranging my favorites lists. I cleaned-up all the alpha tags so they are consistent (the RR Db has some really ugly ones in there) and corrected some incorrct service tags. I also entered new freqs that don't come across from the RR Db because they have unusable service tags like "other." I renamed sytems and groups to reflect what was in them and grouped the freqs the way I wanted them. The results came out perfect.

The ARC Patrol is easy to use if you've used ARC software before. I can tell its not a complete version but it worked well enough that I'll be building more Favorites.

I'm not sure about the fuss over location control for favorites. Maybe its just the way I use scanners. If I take the HP-1 on the road, I'll use the whole HPDB filtered by service types and range. Favorites are freqs I listen to at home on a regular basis, the location never changes. I've had a Uniden DMA base and a DMA portable for years and haven't entered geodata in either one.

Just my opinion.

Re:ARC Patrol info 24 Oct 2010 19:31 #2277

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
Well I was under the impression GRE finally caught up with location based scanning of some sort..... not sure why they wouldn't since it works very well. But since your here I'm sure you'll come up with an idea or two for them.... and you would think GRE would at least want the frequencies right for their database related scanners....they haven't done much of that though.
Last Edit: 24 Oct 2010 19:33 by John.
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds