(1 viewing) (1) Guest
ARC Patrol Discussion Forum

TOPIC: ARC Patrol info

Re:ARC Patrol info 24 Oct 2010 21:01 #2279

• b52hbuff
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
ARC PATROL wrote:
We're still in beta so not all features have been tested and released 'public' yet.

The main issue with notifications about changes is how to keep every thing 'in sync' and merge the new data specially if you changed existing tags.

Gommert

www.butelsoftware.com

Well, I'm happy if the feature starts simple. Open the favorites list. When you open it, it compares the data in the favorites with the main database. If there is a difference for that list, highlight it somehow.

If you have a heavily modified list, you could have an ignore function.

Re:ARC Patrol info 24 Oct 2010 21:07 #2280

• b52hbuff
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
John wrote:
Uh, You can see and track changes at RR, why duplicate things? Duplication just confuses the "Bobs" even more.

What happens if I miss the change window of seven days?

Computers are really good about doing comparisons. I've programmed a couple, I know.

Also, I'm not interested in weeding though all of the HP-1 main database, just to get to the few gems that are in my favorites list.

Re:ARC Patrol info 24 Oct 2010 22:16 #2281

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
Like I said, and others have said, this was made for novices.....nuff said.

Re:ARC Patrol info 24 Oct 2010 22:42 #2282

• b52hbuff
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
John wrote:
Like I said, and others have said, this was made for novices.....nuff said.

But the wonderful thing about third party software is that they can address different markets.

Also, the 'rebuilding database' is pretty advanced. No indication when it is to be done. And no idea about what it does?

Re:ARC Patrol info 25 Oct 2010 08:43 #2286

• ARC PATROL
  • ( Visitor )
Thanks for the report Joe, did the software correctly 'detect' your HP-1?
Loc. control for sites will be in the next update available later today.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

joemo wrote:
If you don't want to try the Beta that's OK. But I decided to give it a try, for twenty bucks I'll take a chance, and I'm glad I did.

I just spent a pleasant afternoon watching football and re-arranging my favorites lists. I cleaned-up all the alpha tags so they are consistent (the RR Db has some really ugly ones in there) and corrected some incorrct service tags. I also entered new freqs that don't come across from the RR Db because they have unusable service tags like "other." I renamed sytems and groups to reflect what was in them and grouped the freqs the way I wanted them. The results came out perfect.

The ARC Patrol is easy to use if you've used ARC software before. I can tell its not a complete version but it worked well enough that I'll be building more Favorites.

I'm not sure about the fuss over location control for favorites. Maybe its just the way I use scanners. If I take the HP-1 on the road, I'll use the whole HPDB filtered by service types and range. Favorites are freqs I listen to at home on a regular basis, the location never changes. I've had a Uniden DMA base and a DMA portable for years and haven't entered geodata in either one.

Just my opinion.

Re:ARC Patrol info 25 Oct 2010 08:54 #2287

• b52hbuff
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
What can you tell us about the pricing? Will it go up after the demo is released?

Will there be any multi-program discounts? I was thinking about getting a copy of the 396T control program.

Beyond the location control, is there any other large piece of missing functionality coming down the road?

And finally, your program, along with Sentinel is a configuration program. Any word on an actual real-time control program? I saw some posts on RR.com where folks were 'pinging' the device's serial port to see what comes back. Is there enough there for real time control?
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds