(1 viewing) (1) Guest
ARC Patrol Discussion Forum

TOPIC: ARC Patrol info

Re:ARC Patrol info 25 Oct 2010 09:30 #2291

• joemo
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
You wrote: "did the software correctly 'detect' your HP-1?"

Yes. I backed-up my HP-1 using the ARC Patrol then unplugged, worked on a favorite, plugged it back in, uploaded, unplugged to work on more, plugged it back in, etc. Each time the Arc Patrol found my HP-1, it takes about two seconds once the upload window appears.

Re:ARC Patrol info 25 Oct 2010 11:25 #2299

• ARC PATROL
  • ( Visitor )
Contact me directly for multiple program discounts.
Most functionality is now in ARC PATROL except geo 'stuff'.
I cant comment about control yet.

Gommert

www.butelsoftware.com

b52hbuff wrote:
What can you tell us about the pricing? Will it go up after the demo is released?

Will there be any multi-program discounts? I was thinking about getting a copy of the 396T control program.

Beyond the location control, is there any other large piece of missing functionality coming down the road?

And finally, your program, along with Sentinel is a configuration program. Any word on an actual real-time control program? I saw some posts on RR.com where folks were 'pinging' the device's serial port to see what comes back. Is there enough there for real time control?

Re:ARC Patrol info 25 Oct 2010 17:41 #2324

• JCSinks
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I purchased the ARC PATROL, but can't find where to download the demo on the Butel site. Any advice?

Re:ARC Patrol info 25 Oct 2010 17:47 #2325

• mdevans_99
  • ( Visitor )
I've paid my $20 and this is my 3rd software package from them. It's kind of sad to hear some whining because you have to pay for it. Scancat is more expensive and even if you demo it you can't write to the HP1. This is a much better and simpler product even in beta. I guess you can't please everyone :(-

Re:ARC Patrol info 25 Oct 2010 17:48 #2326

• joemo
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
You'll receive an E-Mail from Butel with a link to download ARC Patrol.

Re:ARC Patrol info 25 Oct 2010 18:05 #2331

• LEP
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
A couple of hours after I used pay/pal for my ARC patrol "pre-order" I got an email with the link to download the beta it is v0.8 build 7 at the moment. I installed it and spent the last couple of hours becoming familar with it (very much like other recent ARC programs in feel). It makes creating a custom FAVE list easy! I was able to put in my local HAM repeaters which RR will NOT accept in the DB (it is violation of a provison of the Admin manual if they are not dedicated to emergency use). I was also able to make all my local labels into something that means something to ME and now match my other UNIDEN scanners where I also have custom labels. RR com will also not accept my local State Police post info, insisting those frequencies are already contained in the Statewide listings. and so they are, but I prefer in my FAVE list to have the call signs and label of my local office.
In otherwords, even in the beta version there ismuch more flexibility than then provided Uniden software offers. As far as I am concerned, at $19.95,I already have my value received and I look forward to the later versions.
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds