ARC Patrol info
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
ARC Patrol Discussion Forum

TOPIC: ARC Patrol info

Re:ARC Patrol info 24 Oct 2010 09:31 #2250

• ARC PATROL
  • ( Visitor )
Thanks LEP, after that post I got many request for software so decided to start the ARC PATROL project.

Gommert

www.butelsoftware.com

Re:ARC Patrol info 24 Oct 2010 14:42 #2259

• farmboy
  • ( Visitor )
I have just purchased and downloaded the ARC PATROL Beta Version Software ($20.00) and connected my HP1 with no problems. This is my 5th software package from Butel and if you read what and what not this package will do for you I think it is worth the money. Just my opinion. I also use Pro Scan and Free Scan for my other radios and have likes and dislikes on any of them.:)

Re:ARC Patrol info 24 Oct 2010 14:48 #2260

• 2coycproc
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
  • Retired Commercial Corporate Pilot
I have also purchased this program, and from what I see, It is well worth the price, but I must say, I am on a new learning curve, Well done Gommert !!!!!
Paul
VA3PRG

Re:ARC Patrol info 24 Oct 2010 14:53 #2261

• b52hbuff
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Any comment on the missing location based scanning features?

I am also curious abut the Favorites management? One huge hole (IMNSHO) is that once you put something in a Favorites list, it is static. I can understand why this was done. However, it is still a pain.

Would it be possible to implement some sort of notification/indication in the software to tell us that a particular system/channel in the Favorites list has been changed/updated in the master database?

p.s. Uniden, if you would like to implement this feature in HomePatrol Sentinel, I wouldn't complain either. :) It is very inconvenient to have to periodically reconstruct lists to ensure your Favorites have the latest data...
Last Edit: 24 Oct 2010 14:56 by b52hbuff.

Re:ARC Patrol info 24 Oct 2010 16:08 #2266

• ARC PATROL
  • ( Visitor )
We're still in beta so not all features have been tested and released 'public' yet.

The main issue with notifications about changes is how to keep every thing 'in sync' and merge the new data specially if you changed existing tags.

Gommert

www.butelsoftware.com

Re:ARC Patrol info 24 Oct 2010 16:26 #2267

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
Uh, You can see and track changes at RR, why duplicate things? Duplication just confuses the "Bobs" even more.
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds