This is awesome! (...and some issues too!)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
ARC Patrol Discussion Forum
  • Page:

TOPIC: This is awesome! (...and some issues too!)

This is awesome! (...and some issues too!) 30 Oct 2010 20:31 #2555

• b52hbuff
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
I am truly impressed by the potential of Arc Patrol. So far, I am importing data from rr.com and making all of the corrections so that I have something that is more readable and personalized to what I need.

I have some issues I'd like to address. The first general comment is to allow for more keyboard commands. As I am scrolling from field to field in the channel view, I would like keyboard shortcuts to select items in the pull down menus. It seems to slow me down when I have to hit the mouse on every field.

Avoid: n -> On f ->off or space to toggle?
Mode: First letter of each selection?
SQ Mode: First letter of each selection?

I would like the Up/Down buttons to move groups within systems. I would like a keyboard combination for the up/down buttons (Ctrl - up arrow / down arrow?).

Suggest you change Alpha Tag to Description, since that is what the field is called in RR.com.

Dialog boxes say 'ARC PATROULLE' or something similar. I don't speak french. ;)

I can't get the Description field to import as part of the rr.com import, even though I have the 'Use Display Tags (if available) field checked.

Re:This is awesome! (...and some issues too!) 31 Oct 2010 09:49 #2583

• ARC PATROL
  • ( Visitor )
There are keyboard shortcuts, see the help text below the grid.
Arrows are used to move fieds in the active grid, not to change groups.

To get the long description 'unselect' Use display tags else you get the short 12 character tags.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

Re:This is awesome! (...and some issues too!) 31 Oct 2010 14:24 #2614

• b52hbuff
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
This is my first Butel product. I have used UASD, and StarSoft products as well.

One suggestion is that you could use Ctrl/Alt combinations with arroes to do different things. Ctrl-arrow would move the channel with in the group. Alt-arrow would move the group within the system.

Re:This is awesome! (...and some issues too!) 31 Oct 2010 15:20 #2617

• STiMULi
  • ( Visitor )
I have not bought it yet but because I know of the quality of the other applications he designs I have no fear it will be another winner!

Go Gommert Go!
;)

Re:This is awesome! (...and some issues too!) 31 Oct 2010 15:53 #2619

• ARC PATROL
  • ( Visitor )
We use CTRL U and CTRL D to move channels up/down in the group, all other moving can be done using COPY/PASTE/CUT LINE options.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

Re:This is awesome! (...and some issues too!) 02 Nov 2010 09:05 #2690

• b52hbuff
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
ARC PATROL wrote:
There are keyboard shortcuts, see the help text below the grid.
Arrows are used to move fieds in the active grid, not to change groups.

To get the long description 'unselect' Use display tags else you get the short 12 character tags.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

Thanks. I'm paying closer attention now.

In the mode field, looks like 'U' is also accepted for 'aUto' mode. Who installs the default modulation mode? BuTel or the radio?

One other small nit in the Tags field. First, would in be possible to allow a character to rotate through the list of tags with that character? So typing 'L' would get you to 'Law Dispatch', then 'Law Tac', then 'Law Talk'?

Also, I haven't looked at all of the tags, but 'Aircraft' should be 'Aviation'. Not sure if there are errors in other places.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds