(1 viewing) (1) Guest
ARC Patrol Discussion Forum
  • Page:

TOPIC: Do Not Like Your Delivery Method

Do Not Like Your Delivery Method 30 Oct 2010 23:34 #2560

• Neil
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
OK, saw the discussion here and decided I'd risk the $20 and went to Butel's website and saw the preview of ARC Patrol area. Paid my twenty dollars and expected to be able to download it. Instead I get a message showing my registration number and a sentence that tells me to enter it into my demo software. What demo software? The message says if I don't have the demo click a link. I click the link. I windup at Butel's download page. No HP software on that page. I check my email. The same message as above with the added fillip that "This is a pre-order, details about downloading the beta version will be emailed to you." So, an hour after paying I am out $20, have no software, and am thinking this is the only time I have ever seen a company take money and then not immediately either offer a download link or immediately email such a link. I may windup loving the software and even the company. So far, though, I'm not loving the company for sure.
Last Edit: 30 Oct 2010 23:37 by Neil.

Re:Do Not Like Your Delivery Method 31 Oct 2010 00:18 #2562

• NS3K
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
I just purchased the software today. It may take an hour or two to get the e-mail telling you how to download the beta version.

Jim, NS3K

Re:Do Not Like Your Delivery Method 31 Oct 2010 02:44 #2571

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
Neil,
There is no demo version, which is what I mention early on in the first thread about Arc Patrol. What you are paying for is a Beta version....buy to test basically.

Re:Do Not Like Your Delivery Method 31 Oct 2010 08:05 #2574

• ARC PATROL
  • ( Visitor )
Neil check you email, for now we process these orders manually.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

Re:Do Not Like Your Delivery Method 31 Oct 2010 10:28 #2587

• Neil
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
OK, got it, thank you. It came this morning but based on your note I checked numerous times last night. Suggestion: You really need to at least change your notification letter to mention 1) it may take overnight delivery as you fulfill manually and you must be in the office and 2) do not refer to the downloaded product as a "demo" and link people to an improper download site. Finally, if you can automatically send a letter following payment saying that a link will be emailed in a second email, why in the world don't you just put that link into the automatically sent thank-you letter? Anyway, looking forward to using the software.

Re:Do Not Like Your Delivery Method 31 Oct 2010 10:35 #2588

• Neil
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
John -- I am not buying to beta test. I am buying beta software just to personally preview it and, hopefully, use it just a bit to do a few HP tidying-up tasks. I do not at all intend to beta test it for them. I have beta-tested for Microsoft, Apple and numerous smaller companies. I have been beta-testing hardware and software for more than thirty years. Beta testing, if done well, is hard work that requires dedication and well warrants that almost all companies are grateful enough to award their beta-test team with free copies of the product. I value my time and my expertise in beta testing. I will not give that away for no return consideration at all. In my opinion, Butel should have made this offer and then qualified it with something like if you send in accurate reports you will get a refund and a copy of the release version. What they are doing is, from an industry-wide standpoint, both improper and probably will prove not at all very helpful to them.
Last Edit: 31 Oct 2010 10:41 by Neil.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.21 seconds