(1 viewing) (1) Guest
ARC Patrol Discussion Forum
  • Page:

TOPIC: Updating _ Sentinel _ ARC Patrol_HP-1

Updating _ Sentinel _ ARC Patrol_HP-1 08 Nov 2010 18:24 #2902

• ckuter
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I need some guidance on the procedure for weekly updates from RR. I downloaded using Sentinel from RR. I sent the file from Sentinel to the HP-1. After doing this, I tried my Favorites list with ham radio repeaters and got an error message and it would not scan the ham radio favorite list.

I then backed up the HP-1 to ARC Patrol and sent the ham radio favorites back to the HP-1. Then I could scan the ham radio favorites after selecting the service type. Then my local public service frequencies did not work.

Then I transferred from Sentinel to HP-1 and overwrote the Favorites.

I cannot be doing things correctly. What is the procedure for handling the weekly updates from RR and having "normal" and ARC Patrol-created favorites work properly afterwards?

Re:Updating _ Sentinel _ ARC Patrol_HP-1 08 Nov 2010 18:38 #2903

• LEP
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
After running the Update, when you WRITE to Home Patrol are you selecting Erase Favorites?If you have that box "ticked" that would be an explanation.

LEP

Re:Updating _ Sentinel _ ARC Patrol_HP-1 08 Nov 2010 20:38 #2908

• ckuter
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I did not have it ticked as I did not want my ARC Patrol ham radio favorite overwritten. Thinking about this some more, the ARC made a new hpd file for ham radio repeaters. Wouldn't the weekly updating from RR "erase" that ARC hpd during the update?

Re:Updating _ Sentinel _ ARC Patrol_HP-1 09 Nov 2010 12:36 #2931

• ARC PATROL
  • ( Visitor )
If you saved under Favorites Sentinel should not delete any ARC PATROL files but you can always use ARC PATROL to re upload the file(s).

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

Re:Updating _ Sentinel _ ARC Patrol_HP-1 09 Nov 2010 14:28 #2933

• ARC PATROL
  • ( Visitor )
Also make sure that 'Erase Favorite lists on home patrol' is NOT selected when writing to the HP-1 form Sentinel.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds