ARC Patrol Discussion Forum

TOPIC: ARC Patrol ?

Re:ARC Patrol ? 10 Jun 2011 11:10 #6122

• avaloncourt
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Please forgive me for the redundancy in the question. I have only had a HP1 for a few days. I tried ARC patrol and discovered the Favorites or main database at one time thing.

Here's my dilema. I am in Pennsylvania and Pennsylvania State Police frequencies are not part of the scan selection. The reason for this is that RadioReference indentifies the state police as being on the state OpenSky system. This is not actually correct for my area. There are several counties in PA where the OpenSky system is unreliable due to terrain and I am in one of them. The state police here are using the legacy VHF frequencies.

I was hoping I could add in what isn't being considered as valid for my area. Apparently that crosses into the Favorites list and, as a result, if I use the Favorites list to acquire the missing frequencies I lose use of the main database.

Am I understanding this all correctly?

Re:ARC Patrol ? 10 Jun 2011 12:27 #6123

• LEP
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
No you are not. You can build your Favorites list from anything you wish in the main RR db. Just drag/drop the channels you want from the main db into your favorites list, save it, then scan your NEW favorite list that contains the channels you selected out of the main db.

Re:ARC Patrol ? 10 Jun 2011 12:42 #6124

• avaloncourt
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Your reply doesn't sound like you are understanding my statement. The frequencies I wish to add are not in the main DB.

RadioReference doesn't consider these frequencies to be active and valid because RR takes the position that the Pennsylvania State Police is on the OpenSky system (which is not compatible with the HP1) when, in fact, several counties still use the original VHF frequency assignments since OpenSky is unreliable here.

I can't drag and drop anything because these frequencies don't exist in the database. I have to manually add them to be able to hear them.

If I have to manually create a Favorites list I think I fall into the situation where I can not listed to both the main list and the favorites at the same time.

If you're saying the only way to avoid this is to drag all the desired frequencies into a new favorites list along with my manual entries I really don't consider that an acceptable option. It's not important enough to be to drag 150 or so desired frequencies from the main DB to supplement three manually entered frequencies.
Last Edit: 10 Jun 2011 12:56 by avaloncourt.

Re:ARC Patrol ? 10 Jun 2011 17:38 #6126

• ARC PATROL
  • ( Visitor )
You can open the PA database file in ARC PATROL and then add these frequencies.
BUT make sure you store a backup because the next time you update the database in the HP1 your custom changes will be lost.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

Re:ARC Patrol ? 10 Jun 2011 18:14 #6127

• avaloncourt
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you, Gommert. I had read somewhere that this was possible and that updates overwrite the changes. I appreciate that you commented that it was possible to add these to the existing database. I've seen a lot of posts online saying that wasn't possible and a few saying it was.

You have another sale :)

Re:ARC Patrol ? 10 Jun 2011 18:37 #6128

• n9mfk
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
hi Gommert,
can add the Marine frequencies
to the data base ?
thanks beau
Time to create page: 0.22 seconds