ARC Patrol Discussion Forum
  • Page:

TOPIC: ARC Patrol and Extreme Edition HP-1

ARC Patrol and Extreme Edition HP-1 20 Jul 2011 09:28 #6373

• b52hbuff
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
For those of you who haven't seen:
forums.radioreference.com/uniden-scanners/216616-homepatrol-1-extreme-upgrade.html

It sounds like Uniden is adding a lot of exciting features to the radio and the software. Some of it appears to overlap with the flexibility we got through Arc-Patrol. I'm curious to know the following:

1. Was Arc-Patrol given any advanced notice of the upgrades so that the new features could be supported as soon as they are released?
  2. Will Arc-Patrol support the new upgrades when they are released?
  3. What features does Arc-Patrol have that are not available in this upcoming update from Uniden?

Thanks!

Re:ARC Patrol and Extreme Edition HP-1 22 Jul 2011 03:34 #6408

• ARC PATROL
  • ( Visitor )
ARC PATROL is an editor for fav.list so will be modified for any new per channel options that Uniden adds with the comming firmware update.
Due to NDA I can not comment on information we get from manufacturers.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com
Last Edit: 22 Jul 2011 03:35 by .

Re:ARC Patrol and Extreme Edition HP-1 22 Jul 2011 09:48 #6409

• b52hbuff
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks for the information you can provide.

I have been an early user of Arc-Patrol. I found it to be a very 'liberating' experience to be able to program information not contained in the RR.com db.

Once the new HP1E and Sentinel are released, could you let us know what value add features Arc-Patrol (or a newer version) will have over the Uniden software?

From what I can tell from the video, Sentinel is catching up on Arc-Patrol. At a minimum, it looks like it will allow for more flexible programming...

Re:ARC Patrol and Extreme Edition HP-1 22 Jul 2011 10:25 #6412

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
I should be getting information out to the software authors in about 2 weeks. Meanwhile, with some limited testing, it appears that the update does not break any existing software.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds