ARC PATROL V2 information
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
ARC Patrol Discussion Forum

TOPIC: ARC PATROL V2 information

Re:ARC PATROL V2 information 17 Aug 2011 22:33 #6948

• joemo
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Followed the steps posted here and ARC-Patrol v2 Beta is now on my Windows 7 start menu. No problems.

Now that HP v2 allows listening to multiple favorites lists in any session, I'll be re-arranging my favorite systems, departments, and channels into new lists. I'll be adding favorite lists that I wouldn't monitor on their own and didn't want to bother putting into a massive list, using avoids and all that. Its good to have the ARC software to do this. It will be much easier! The ARC-Patrol v2 Beta had no problems reading or writing to my HP-1.

I also downloaded and installed the serial device driver to try out the virtual control feature. This was easier said than done, and involved word searches on the RadioReference forums, downloading, then trying to get them to install on a Windows 7 system. The instructions are in the HP-1 Extreme Edition Owner's Manual, but Windows 7 wouldn't buy it and I had to manually point out the location of the .inf file to the Windows device installer (Windows Help actually helped here.) Once that was done, the driver installed in a flash and Windows assigned my HP-1 a comm port number.

The virtual control screen is cool, however the serial data and clickable arrows don't line-up with the image of the HP-1 behind it. It does follow the scanner, stops for xmissions and shows the appropriate data. I'll play around with it more tomorrow.

Thanks for your hard work!
Last Edit: 17 Aug 2011 22:36 by joemo.

Re:ARC PATROL V2 information 18 Aug 2011 04:50 #6960

• Ohio-user
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Virtual crashed on my win7. If you need it I'll upload a screenshot later. Rest looks fine so far in the little amount of time I had.

Re:ARC PATROL V2 information 18 Aug 2011 06:35 #6961

• nudave
  • ( Visitor )
Been doing tests with APV2. Excellent job so far, I haven't tried the virtual control yet though.

Re:ARC PATROL V2 information 18 Aug 2011 13:19 #6981

• joemo
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Oh oh. V2 Beta doesn't like "Custom" service types. It won't read them from the HP, they come back as "NOT DEFINED" and won't save them when entered in an ARC hpd file. Re-open a saved hpd in ARCv2 and the "Custom 1" entry comes back as "NOT DEFINED."

I tried writing an open system to the HP and "Custom 1" was written as "Multi-dispatch."

The "Bulk Channel Edit" doesn't edit. Click on "Select all" then "Apply to selected," close the editor, and the systems collapse, but when re-expanded, nothing has changed.

Still playing around with this.

Re:ARC PATROL V2 information 19 Aug 2011 09:22 #7002

• jmsanders8301
  • ( Visitor )
I have downloaded the ARCPatrol V2 Beta and I am having difficulty figuring out how to use the new "rectangular" GPS feature.

Any advice?

Re:ARC PATROL V2 information 20 Aug 2011 06:16 #7014

• ARC PATROL
  • ( Visitor )
Rectangular GPS is not supported yet, will be in 2.1

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds