trunk system names
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
ARC Patrol Discussion Forum

TOPIC: trunk system names

Re:trunk system names 24 Aug 2011 10:20 #7105

• ARC PATROL
  • ( Visitor )
Ok I see the problem now, these are files saved by Sentinel and not saved by AP.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

Re:trunk system names 24 Aug 2011 12:03 #7106

• spec5
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
  • Pershing Professional
Gommert

Does it then appear to be a Sentinel problem or ArcPatrol problem?
Pershing Professional

Re:trunk system names 24 Aug 2011 16:09 #7107

• jcase469
  • ( Visitor )
I just refreshed my memory by creating a new favs list, saving it, then sending to the HP-1. I also avoided 1 system.

I then downloaded the new fav from the HP-1 and the trunked system had lost it's name in ARC Patrol and the avoided system had lost it's avoided status. I added the name back to the trunking system and added the avoid to the one that I wanted to avoid and saved the file. I opened a few other favs then reopened the new one and The trunking system still had it's name but the avoided system had lost it's avoided status.

Then I downloaded from the HP-1 with Sentinel and all was well with the name of the trunking system and the avoided status of the one that I avoided.

The problem has nothing to do with Sentinel. The problem with the names is with the download from the HP-1, that's when the names are lost. It doesn't happen at any other time. The avoid status is lost when downloading from the HP-1 AND also when opening a saved .hpd file in Arc Patrol AND when editing the systems and departments. I can set the avoid status on a system and click on another system then go back to the avoided system and the avoid has cleared itself.

I've had these problems since I got the HP-1 and ARC Patrol a few months ago. I've never had any of these problems with Sentinel or with Power Patrol, which I stopped using after the new firmware upgrade.

Hopefully this description of the problems will help.
Last Edit: 24 Aug 2011 16:15 by . Reason: edit one sentence for clarity

Re:trunk system names 24 Aug 2011 16:49 #7108

• rwier
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
without testing, jc sounds correct.
Rob, Phoenix, AZ since '40
Used nearly every day:
996T, HP-1 (E) (x3), 500, 600, and 800 (x2)

Re:trunk system names 24 Aug 2011 16:54 #7109

• rwier
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
rwier wrote:
Yep, and seems to especially dislike changes you make to the name in the db.
Rob

I worded that poorly. It does not like you renaming your FavLists/systems to other than that used in the data base. Was not trying to change names in the database, I stay outta the db, lol.
Rob, Phoenix, AZ since '40
Used nearly every day:
996T, HP-1 (E) (x3), 500, 600, and 800 (x2)

Re:trunk system names 24 Aug 2011 17:00 #7110

• ladder9
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
Just opened Arc Patrol .. a new version was available .. down loaded it .. trunk system name display issue was resolved !!

Thanks a bunch !!!
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds