(1 viewing) (1) Guest
ARC Patrol Discussion Forum
  • Page:

TOPIC: virtual control with logging Query

Re: virtual control with logging Query 15 Feb 2012 19:53 #9021

• LEP
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
I managed to reduce the DPI on my monitor and find a Custom value which puts all the items on the Virtual Scanner in the proper place so it looks good, just like actual Uniden HP. Problem solved, wish we had a Manual to go with the version which made such suggestions. On the other hand, I would rather Gommert be working on the ARC logging problems for the unknowns and the UID than the Manuals!

To any users who also have the problem I had, the Virtual scanner graphics do not work properly at 120 DPI, but are in registration at 96. You might try a Custom value in between 96 and 120 that suits you best.

LEP

Re: virtual control with logging Query 15 Feb 2012 22:25 #9022

• OCO
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
Mine is at the Windows default 96 DPI and still overlapping......I don't make it a practice to change defaults to accommodate one program when it'll affect others, which in this case, it will mess up the display of other software..

Re: virtual control with logging Query 16 Feb 2012 16:06 #9024

• LEP
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
My normal dpi - 120. However, after experimentation I have set dpi - 96. This seems to clear up the lack of 'registration' and puts the white/grey bottom line in the proper place. Your radioref forum screen shots illustrating the UNKNOWN problem look good to me, I don't see any problem at all with the appearance of the Virtual scanner. I am now running 'split screen' with my BCD 996XT under proscan next to the HP-1 and the graphics of the ProScan seem more refined. [I have ARC XT but prefer the appearance of the ProScan LOG and easy way to rearrange the columns by dragging the order with the mouse and easy re-sorting of the order.]

One final item that needs work IMHOP is the Port Selection drop down box on the ARC Patrol, I utilized a string of bad words before I could get the box populated with com =16, the port that my PC assigned to the serial driver. For reasons known only to MS engineers the BCD 996XT is running on com = 20 plugged into the very next socket on the Hub.

Let's hope Gommert is busy with even more refinements to this fantastic update. Previous posting some months ago suggested some doubt on his part that a LOGGING feature would be forthcoming. Very glad he changed his mind!

Great producet at an inexpensive price!

LEP

Re: virtual control with logging Query 16 Feb 2012 17:10 #9025

• ARC PATROL
  • ( Visitor )
You need to use standard font, large fonts will not work properly.
The issue with unknown ids is that the HP1 does not report them to the PC properly. I can do a workaround but needs to be fixed in firmware.

When VC loads it scans your PC for available com/usb ports, new devices will only be added when you close and re-open VC.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

Re: virtual control with logging Query 16 Feb 2012 18:37 #9027

• LEP
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the prompt response. The fonts at 120 DPI and 96 DPI display on my BCD996 XT running under Proscan exactly the same, their is no visual difference I can discern except the Virtual scanner is Smaller at 96 but everything in the graphic is still in registration. I know it is not your program but my eyesight is such that I prefer the larger DPI, however, I will make do.

With regard to the com/usb drop down box it says "select port" but gives no list of choices from which to select. When starting the program I know which com port the serial driver it installed on but that choice is (was) not listed on the box. It is only after installing the driver numerous times that one of the several com ports (in my case 16) appeared on the list and could be selected. In other ARC programs there seem to be several choices include "detect scanner" which is very useful.

I find re-arranging the columns to be very helpful as well if that would be possible in the future.

FInally, is there a way to populate the LOG with the UID? Thata obviously is appearing on the HP-1 but is not being logged even though it IS a column in the spreadsheet which is not filled in and contains only blanks.

Larry

Re: virtual control with logging Query 16 Feb 2012 21:00 #9028

• OCO
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
Gommert - Thanks for the information on the "Unknown" TGIDs - I see them display on the VC screen as "Unknown" - I hope you can come up with a workaround, as this is one of the logging functions I was looking for...

Can you advise what font size you designed for? I'm using the WIndows 7 Aero color scheme, 96 DPI default font with ClearType enabled and am getting the overlap as posted in the screen shot I put up on RR..
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds