Change Range to More Miles
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
PowerPatrol Discussion Forum
  • Page:

TOPIC: Change Range to More Miles

Change Range to More Miles 22 Jan 2011 23:43 #4650

• BamaOps
  • ( Visitor )
I have changed the miles in the default listings on some of my frequencies. I notice when I set the to any higher number than 100 I don't recieve them. The GPS settings is correct on the page. When I click on it to test it in Google Earth it now includes my loaction. Do I need to make everything 30 miles ??

Re:Change Range to More Miles 25 Jan 2011 17:59 #4679

• cpuerror
  • ( Visitor )
I'm going to check this issue out, I believe you should be able to set the range beyond 100 miles.

Re:Change Range to More Miles 26 Jan 2011 18:07 #4690

• Rob357
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I have my HP1 Range set to 30 miles, I am using an MFJ-1868 Discone antenna mounted at a height of 22ft. I am recieving stations so far up to 75 miles away perfectly clear.
I would think that the 30 mile range is actually just a "reference" distance range.

Re:Change Range to More Miles 28 Jan 2011 11:01 #4709

• st-bob
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
If the system you're tuned to has a stored range of, say 108 miles (like the Massachusetts State Police conventional system does) then you could conceivably pick it up from 138 miles from its stored geotag position. Many systems which are intended to cover an entire region have rather large ranges set on them - probably too large but that's not our call.

When you create a favorites list you have the option of setting "location control" on or off. With it on, your range settings are effective; with location control off, the range setting makes no difference nor does the geotag data for the systems. At least that's the way I think it works.
Bob Peloquin - KB1VUA
RR db admin (Massachusetts), USA
Scanner/GPS/Ham Radio enthusiast

Re:Change Range to More Miles 07 Jul 2011 19:07 #6280

• sierramike
  • ( Visitor )
I set the geocoord to middle of Kansas and range to 3000 miles for the radio services I manually added (CB, FRS, Marine, etc.). HomePatrol picks them up OK (its location is set to southeastern AZ). I have not traveled using a GPS since I have done this but I will next week. I'll let you know how it works.

Re:Change Range to More Miles 07 Jul 2011 19:41 #6283

• st-bob
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
Well that's one way of doing it - the other is not to use location-control on that favorites list, of course.
Bob Peloquin - KB1VUA
RR db admin (Massachusetts), USA
Scanner/GPS/Ham Radio enthusiast
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds