Why does PP only load "conventional" freqs?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
PowerPatrol Discussion Forum
  • Page:

TOPIC: Why does PP only load "conventional" freqs?

Why does PP only load "conventional" freqs? 11 Apr 2011 14:06 #5594

• 911scanner
  • ( Visitor )
Hello,

HP-1 owner in Minneapolis, MN. We have a LARGE statewide P25 TRN (ARMER) that does not load into PP when read from the HP-1.

All of the conventional freqs & business TRN's load fine, but ARMER does not load. Why? If this is just user error, then tell me where I can find the system please.

Thanks!

MM

Re:Why does PP only load "conventional" freqs? 11 Apr 2011 23:03 #5599

• st-bob
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
In most third-party programming tools you have to use the RR import feature somewhat non-intuitively. I suspect you're just not looking in either the right area or are not looking to trunked radio systems (which ARMER is).

In ARC software for example (which uses a standard RR API) I look under Minnesota, Hennepin County, Trunk Systems and see the system no problem. I would have to assume PowerPatrol uses the same API so should see the same data.
Attachments:
Bob Peloquin - KB1VUA
RR db admin (Massachusetts), USA
Scanner/GPS/Ham Radio enthusiast
Last Edit: 11 Apr 2011 23:18 by st-bob.

Re:Why does PP only load "conventional" freqs? 12 Apr 2011 09:23 #5604

• 911scanner
  • ( Visitor )
Thanks for trying to help on this one st-bob. While I understand that many people buying the HP-1 are new to the world of digital scanning, I would consider myself a veteran.

As I type this, I have in front of me a BC780XLT, BC296D, BCD396T & a BC396XT as well as my HP-1. I have been using "Freescan" with each of the aforementioned units, so I am not only used to how they function but also have the added benefit of being used to the Freescan based programming (although I programmed all but the XT manually... best way to get familiar with the scanner IMHO).

I tried numerous times to find what I was looking for and didn't find it. I would say that I tend to "exhaust my options" before I throw a question out there.

On another note, you mentioned the ARC software. I downloaded the trial version yesterday before posting my question. For me, ARC Patrol only wanted to allow me access to my "favorites", which I have chosen not to create at this time. I kind of wondered why it would not let me see the preloaded database... Maybe because it was the "trial" version. But it certainly didn't convince me I should fork out $30 bucks for it, because it didn't show me I could do what I was looking for.

MM

Re:Why does PP only load "conventional" freqs? 12 Apr 2011 09:48 #5605

• 911scanner
  • ( Visitor )
OK... I have found the solution. While it does not make ANY logical sense, I have found it.

Have a great day all!

Re:Why does PP only load "conventional" freqs? 12 Apr 2011 12:11 #5609

• st-bob
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
In ArcPatrol you can "import" a single state's data from the database once you find where Sentinel put it, but you cannot update the built-in databse as it would re-order things and make the database unusable. The software for the HomePatrol has certain license restrictions which make it impossible for them to update the master database.

I have found that Uniden must run a filtering program on the RR data because if you import a whole state's data from RR and save it as a favorite, any which are missing the geotag data will still load but fail to operate properly with the HP-1 or Sentinel.

Still, apparently, a work in progress.
Bob Peloquin - KB1VUA
RR db admin (Massachusetts), USA
Scanner/GPS/Ham Radio enthusiast

Re:Why does PP only load "conventional" freqs? 22 May 2011 10:10 #5925

• cpuerror
  • ( Visitor )
Systems that cover multiple counties are listed under the "Statewide" heading. I downloaded from my HP1 and found it there.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds