BCD436HP
  • Page:

TOPIC: DMR SYSTEMS

Re: DMR SYSTEMS 04 Oct 2014 06:53 #14347

• ericdu62
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
st-bob wrote:
DMR (MotoTRBO) is TDMA like P-25 Phase II TDMA. Does that answer your question?

is what you will include numerical methods for other countries in the next firmware?

Re: DMR SYSTEMS 04 Oct 2014 10:45 #14359

• st-bob
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
As UpMan said - They won't talk about future products or improvements to existing ones till they are released.

It's not technically impossible to incorporate DMR or other TDMA protocols into the BCD 436/536 scanners - but it's not going to be disclosed by Uniden until they actually do it (if they ever do it).

Bob in MA
Bob Peloquin - KB1VUA
RR db admin (Massachusetts), USA
Scanner/GPS/Ham Radio enthusiast

Re: DMR SYSTEMS 10 Sep 2015 18:31 #15646

• n1chu
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Connecticut ARES has adopted DMR. Piggybacked on the Ct. State Police Motorola Phase I & Phase II system, they have excellent statewide coverage. (Not saying much when you consider the comparatively small size of the state, but still worth mentioning). Eventually all ARES, including weather spotters will migrate to DMR. Or so Ive been told. The DMR addition to the BCDx36HP's would definitely be a welcomed addition if for no other reason than to listen to the weather spotting net! I am happy to read the previous post relating to the commonality of DMR and Motorola Phase II radio systems, both TDMA. However,what remains to be seen is, (and this is assuming Uniden DOES come to offer DMR) Will it be available as a firmware upgrade for existing x36's? At a cost or free? Or will it become available as a new version, much like the BCD996XT newest brother when Phase II was added? It's my hope that since the x36's already have Phase II capabilities, it comes as a new firmware version.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds