(1 viewing) (1) Guest
BCD436HP
  • Page:

TOPIC: ALERT LIGHT

ALERT LIGHT 11 Apr 2014 18:50 #13622

• bruceross
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I have programmed a steady blue light for a particular talk group in a favourites list using the favourites list editor. However, the light does not come on when the talk group is active. What am I not doing correctly?

Re: ALERT LIGHT 15 Apr 2014 22:27 #13656

• southpaw57
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
Hello Bruce, I too had problems with the alert lights, but with the help of others on this site I was able to get them to work, sort of. First off, and I could be wrong but You must program the system that the talk group is part off with a alert light, and the go down the list and program each and every TG with the alert light configuration. I found it tedious and unforunatly the led does not stay lit through out the transmission.There was some improvement with the first firmware update, and I am hoping for further improvement on the next Firmwae update. I like the way My alert led's work on My GRE106. I hope this helps. I have the BCD436 by the way. Regards,Bob/ southpaw57
Last Edit: 15 Apr 2014 22:30 by southpaw57.

Re: ALERT LIGHT 16 Apr 2014 11:02 #13663

• wm8l
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
  • Retired LEO
southpaw57 wrote:
Hello Bruce, I too had problems with the alert lights, but with the help of others on this site I was able to get them to work, sort of. First off, and I could be wrong but You must program the system that the talk group is part off with a alert light, and the go down the list and program each and every TG with the alert light configuration. I found it tedious and unforunatly the led does not stay lit through out the transmission.There was some improvement with the first firmware update, and I am hoping for further improvement on the next Firmwae update. I like the way My alert led's work on My GRE106. I hope this helps. I have the BCD436 by the way. Regards,Bob/ southpaw57

Southpaw, I have the BCD536HP which programs the same. I have my led programmed for certain talk groups (channel) and I find it simple to do in the Sentinel software. I think it has to be programmed in a Favorites list because it doesn't light if your scanning by a full data base and not scanning a favorite list. Might be his problem.
HP-1,BCD536HP & BCD436HP
73\\\\\\\'S Terry

Re: ALERT LIGHT 16 Apr 2014 13:59 #13665

• bruceross
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I thank you all for your replies. I went back and re-programmed the particular talk groups I wanted alert lights for in my FL's and now they work as expected. I don't know what I did differently the second time. I too wish the alerts stayed on for the duration of the transmission.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds