(1 viewing) (1) Guest
BCD436HP
  • Page:

TOPIC: BCD436HP SD Card Error ... almost right out of box

BCD436HP SD Card Error ... almost right out of box 26 Jun 2014 16:17 #13990

• dfw1417
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
Well I thought I was going to be smart since I have a Home Patrol with a PNY 32GB sd card in it. I put my 2GB sd card back in the Home Patrol and formatted the 32GB sd card with the proper formatter in anticipation of the arrival of the BCD436HP which came yesterday!

I unboxed the 436 removed the 4GB sd card copied its contents to a folder on my computer then copied those contents onto the newly formatted 32GB sd card. Then before I even turned on the 436 I removed the SD Card and put my 32 GB sd card in it and fired it up only to be greeted with the message SD CARD Error!

I thought WTF .... I put the original 4GB sd card it came with back in the 436 and all was well.

Making a long story short the 4GB sd cards are Sandisk and my 32GB sd card is PNY. Guess what the PNY sd card I have will not work in the BCD436HP I reseated it numerous times and reformatted and reloaded it also with no success. So now I ordered a 32GB San Disk sd card and will get it next week.

I guess I will change my sd card brand now.

This may be why some others on here are having the SD Card Error as well .... One of these is not like the other!!!

All is well I am waiting for my 32GB sd card now and the 436 which came with firmware 1.03.00 is doing fine.

Re: BCD436HP SD Card Error ... almost right out of box 20 Jul 2014 19:31 #14088

• DaveIN
  • ( Moderator )
You may need to re-format the 32GB card. I use this program:
www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/eula_windows/

Re: BCD436HP SD Card Error ... almost right out of box 17 Nov 2016 17:40 #17057

• DREHER
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
After formatting the card do I need to do anything else or just install in the radio? I am kind of new to this stuff so a little lost. Looks like my card died also.

Re: BCD436HP SD Card Error ... almost right out of box 17 Nov 2016 18:28 #17058

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
DREHER wrote:
After formatting the card do I need to do anything else or just install in the radio? I am kind of new to this stuff so a little lost. Looks like my card died also.

You'll need to use the "clear user data" process to use a new or reformatted card in the scanner.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds