GPS function Locks up Scanner and more....
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
BCD436HP
  • Page:

TOPIC: GPS function Locks up Scanner and more....

Re: GPS function Locks up Scanner and more.... 23 Jul 2014 22:44 #14120

• Matteson
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
The area I live in has a ton of departments. The list I made for the GPS function has over 40 departments. Using the GPS keeps me from having to remember to turn on or off lists or even remembering the list number. This is also a lot safer when driving. I do not have the national data base enabled or even loaded from the SD card. I will be using the national DB in a couple of week when I go on vacation. I plan on turning off a lot of service type. If you could take a look at the file I attached to the original post and see if you can find something I am missing. Thanks for the help.

Re: GPS function Locks up Scanner and more.... 24 Jul 2014 19:58 #14122

• wm8l
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
  • Retired LEO
Matteson I looked at your hpe file and every thing looks the same as mine on the Marcs IP for Warren County except I am using circles for location type instead of rectangle. Other than that they are very similar. I have never tried the rectangle location type but realistically I would think it would be a little more accurate for locations.

Another thing I try and do is eliminate all the avoids I can, I have found with fewer avoids the scan time is a little quicker. Even though departments are avoided I think they are scanned but of course not stopped on if there is activity. I am also setting up profiles with various systems that I don't always listen to, especially when I travel to a few out of the area locations quite often. I will just load that profile and have every thing I want to listen to for where I am staying.
HP-1,BCD536HP & BCD436HP
73\\\\\\\'S Terry

Re: GPS function Locks up Scanner and more.... 18 Aug 2014 14:53 #14234

• Matteson
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Well I have taken all the departments that are using the location feature and placed them in their own individual favorite list. With this set up the scanner is now monitoring the departments as I travel into their set locations and not locking up. This is working a lot better than using one Favorite list for departments using the location function. Would this indicate that the scanner is checking it's location as it changes Favorite lists during the scan? Is there a firmware error that is keeping the scanner from checking it's location as it changes departments?

I would also like to suggest that the Sentinel program be modified to indicate that the user has entered bad information into a Latitude or Longitude cell. As it is now no indication is given and the cell is zeroed out during the save process. The user think everything is fine but there is bad data in the program.

Thanks
Mike
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds