(1 viewing) (1) Guest
BCD436HP
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ok...I'm lost...help please!

Ok...I'm lost...help please! 23 Feb 2016 19:26 #16490

• Santacarl
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I created 5 favorites lists.... I was scanning them all and thought I would turn off a couple of favorites quick keys. I did the ".no" 2 digit # and "E yes" routine....but I turned off some of the systems QK's in a couple of the favorites lists.

I went to the manual and I see references to "scroll" to scroll through the favorites but I can't find any place that explains HOW to do that.

Can you stop the scan and scroll to 1 favorites list so I can turn back on the QKs that I turned off?

I'm sure it's easy once you know the sequence and or buttons to push to get you there....but I can't break the code!

Any help?

Re: Ok...I'm lost...help please! 24 Feb 2016 20:38 #16495

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
.##, E turns off System QK ## in the current FL. If you want to disable a FL by QK, you would do ## E. See Pages 51 and 53.

Re: Ok...I'm lost...help please! 24 Feb 2016 20:42 #16496

• Santacarl
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
THanks UP.... That helped. I wasn't sure exactly what to look for.....if that makes sense. I guess I haven't fully internalized the terminology yet. Now that you point it out it makes perfect sense and I wonder how I didn't see it..... Thanks for your patience and help..... I'm getting there...'peddlin' about as fast as I can......Ha

Re: Ok...I'm lost...help please! 02 Mar 2016 02:04 #16525

• Santacarl
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Ok.....another question...

I can now get to favorites QK's and Department Qk's.....how do you get down to the next level....channels? I've got 1 channel in a department that's a repeater or pager that I'd like to turn off that's under one of my department quick keys......

Re: Ok...I'm lost...help please! 02 Mar 2016 14:50 #16526

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
At the channel level you would use 'AVOID'. One press temporarily avoids (until you cycle power), two quick presses permanently avoids (until you manually dial to the channel and unavoid it by pressing AVOID again).

Re: Ok...I'm lost...help please! 02 Mar 2016 17:28 #16527

• Santacarl
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
THanks again....I had figured out the single 'avoid'....it was the "2 quick" avoids I was missing.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds