(1 viewing) (1) Guest
BCD436HP
  • Page:

TOPIC: P25 Timing Question

P25 Timing Question 14 Mar 2017 22:13 #17323

• IBSCAN
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
So I just got this radio. I started with the BCD996T and still use it. The 996 has it's own learning curve and seeing the 436 is a whole other animal. I got my 996 programmed perfect for my needs.

My question is about the P25 "LNK" / it's waiting for more P25 before it clears and resumes scanning.

EX: TG pops up, P25 Audio > LNK for few sec > Either more audio or resumes scanning.

On the 436, it's missing the conversation. I forgot what I did to set the 996 to keep LNK up for a few seconds.

If it matters it's for a Digital Trunked system (San Diego RCS) but it's the scanner's settings.

I'm not a total noob, so if it's like "Under system find P25 Waiting Time" bla bla bla. But I've played with everything I think.

Re: P25 Timing Question 21 May 2017 00:11 #17542

• IBSCAN
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Here is video of my issue: youtu.be/193SPGwftdU

To better explain the issue, the 996 is able to be set(?) to hold on a voice frequency whereas the 436 that setting has been removed?

The 436 is jumping back to the Control Channel then jumping back to the same Voice Channel, the time it does that I miss out on transmissions.

As you will see in the video, the 996t paying attention to the FREQ and P25 STATUS (Audio Decoding=P25 -- LNK=Holding on Freq for Audio), what I need to do is tell the 436 to "LNK" longer but I'm being told Uniden removed that setting.

Seems like I would of been better off with a BCD-396/396XT as I purchased this scanner merely for the portability. I regretted buying the 996 :D as it's a pain at times to set it up in the truck and unable to walk around with it.

The only settings I've found relating to Delay / Hold Times:

• Edit System Options - Set Hold Time: 20, Set Status Bit: Off, Set End Code: Ignore
  • Edit Site Options - Digital Waiting Time: 0ms
  • Edit Department / Edit Channel - Set Delay Time: 30 Sec.

The scanners seem to work better with End Code off. I have to have Status Bit off or it won't pick up anything.

I'm not that much of a noob, I know how trunked systems work, took me a year to fine tune the 996 to mimic the field radios many years ago and I don't remember what setting pertained to the "Site Freq Delay / Hold".

It's either A) I've missed a setting or B) The scanner doesn't have the capability and I'm stuck with the 996/396 performing better.

If it matters, this is the system: www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=499

Thanks

Re: P25 Timing Question 23 May 2017 20:18 #17544

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
All scanners return to the CC at the end of a voice transmission, unless the next comm comes in during the repeater hang time (before the END CODE) is sent (and repeater hang time varies by system, depending on how the techs set up that system). The voice comm will typically move to a different VC on each reply, and the only way the scanner will know what VC to go to is to monitor for the channel grant on the CC. In general, it is better to not ignore end code (if you always ignore end code, there is the possiblity the scanner will hang on the VC and play the next comm on that VC while displaying the old TGID info from the previous comm).

I couldn't really tell what you were talking about from the video. I do note that you are not holding on a channel on either scanner.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds