(1 viewing) (1) Guest
BCD436HP
  • Page:

TOPIC: New bcd436hp and confused

New bcd436hp and confused 30 Mar 2018 22:55 #18424

• computerguy
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Finally broke down and bought a bcd436hp. Very versed with computers and used to follow scanners. but that was a long time ago with scanners. My last was a 200xlt and that was before trunking.
So I get my new unit. Install and update Sentinel and the 436 firmware. All goes well. I will be traveling all over now and why I went with this unit. I put in my current zip code and we get some activity in Osceola County FL and also in Orange County and some Orlando and Polk County. I move 20 miles or so into Lake County and cannot pick up any Lake County frequencies. Seems to scan and stop as if there is activity but no voices.
I also did the 3 upgrades from Uniden if that means anything.

If it pauses and there is no noise/voices does that mean it is encrypted? I looked in the RR database and did not see anything about it being encrypted (The mode says FM so I presume they are not encrypted).
Is it operator error or is there a problem with the radio? a setting needs to be changed? etc.

Are there any other places for me to do more research?

Re: New bcd436hp and confused 04 Apr 2018 17:27 #18430

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
Please do not start a new topic to reply to an existing topic.

It appears that much of Lake County FL is encrypted.

www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=5837

(DE in the Mode column means full time encryption.)

The Florida forum at RadioReference is much more active, especially for regional issues.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds