Firmware update
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
BCD536HP

TOPIC: Firmware update

Firmware update 03 May 2014 20:39 #13741

• NS3K
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
I am trying to update the firmware on a friends 536. I connect the cable and the program finds the scanner. The problem is the upgrade will not take effect. Not sure what is going on. I've also read the scanner to the software with no problem, but the favorites that are listed in the upload I cannot find on the scanner. Any help would be appreciated before I return the scanner to my friend to send back to Uniden.

Jim

Re: Firmware update 20 Jul 2014 20:19 #14098

• DaveIN
  • ( Moderator )
Hopefully you were able to find the Update firmware in the pulldown or the update gadget on the Sentinel menu. The firmware is downloaded to your SD card via the USB connection. Then when you disconnect the radio, the firmware update should start automatically or when you turn the radio on.
Last Edit: 20 Jul 2014 20:19 by DaveIN.

Re: Firmware update 12 Oct 2015 23:33 #15787

• bgriffin70
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
Hoping someone can help me... I have the 536; I connect the USB cable, open sentinel and hit the update firmware tab. Update firmware shows it's downloading and says after I unplug the cable the firmware will begin on the scanner. However, once disconnecting the cable; scanner does the power cycle (restart) but no firmware update occurs.
I ensure the scanner is in USB Mass Storage mode but it just doesn't want to install the firmware for some reason.
Please help ???

Re: Firmware update 13 Oct 2015 00:02 #15788

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
bgriffin70 wrote:
Hoping someone can help me... I have the 536; I connect the USB cable, open sentinel and hit the update firmware tab. Update firmware shows it's downloading and says after I unplug the cable the firmware will begin on the scanner. However, once disconnecting the cable; scanner does the power cycle (restart) but no firmware update occurs.
I ensure the scanner is in USB Mass Storage mode but it just doesn't want to install the firmware for some reason.
Please help ???

From your scanner's menu screen.....

Go to "settings" then "See scanner information".

What does it say there for the firmware version?

Re: Firmware update 13 Oct 2015 01:17 #15789

• bgriffin70
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder

Re: Firmware update 13 Oct 2015 01:22 #15790

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
bgriffin70 wrote:

Your scanner already has the latest firmware release. There have been no releases since 1.08.07.

Time to create page: 0.32 seconds