led alert lights
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
BCDx36HP Sentinel

TOPIC: led alert lights

led alert lights 22 Feb 2014 22:29 #13368

• southpaw57
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
Hello All, I just received My BCD436 and am trying to get through the ' learning curve ' ( - : Two questions at the moment. I have programmed favorit lists into the 436. I am having trouble finding out how to associate alert leds with My various favorite lists. I have not accociated a quick key with any of the list either.I intend to use the 436 in My mobil with the gps function after I get it set up with quick keys and led alerts for My favorite list. But let Me walk before I try too run ( - : Any help on these two matters will be greatly appreciated. I am using sentinel to do most / all of the programming and then reading to the scanner. Thanks, Bob P.S. Is it adviseable to have the whole database enabled in addition to My favorites when scanning? I guess this brings up the subject of the location settings? Like I said learning curve ( - : Thanks Again

Re: led alert lights 08 Mar 2014 06:27 #13422

• teknishun
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
southpaw57 wrote:
Hello All, I just received My BCD436 and am trying to get through the ' learning curve ' ( - : Two questions at the moment. I have programmed favorit lists into the 436. I am having trouble finding out how to associate alert leds with My various favorite lists. Thanks Again

To assign the alert LED and a color pattern to a specific channel, you use the Sentinel software.
In Sentinel click on that pencil in the gold star icon. That is the edit favorite lists icon.
Choose the favorites list to edit and open it up to where all the channels are listed.

Over to the far right you will see an Alert Light column. Right click on the channel you want to
edit and it opens an options box. Here you can turn the LED on to one of 7 colors and 3 alert
patterns. When you are done click OK.

When you are done editing the entire favorites list in this way be sure to SAVE your work.

In the upper left corner highlight the name of the favorites list you just edited and do
File-Save and then File-Exit. Then you need to upload all your changes into the scanner.

It is not near as difficult as I make it sound here!!

teknishun KF5OPQ

Re: led alert lights 08 Mar 2014 12:10 #13424

• southpaw57
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
Thank You teknishun for Your reply to My question. I did also get a reply on RR so I am good to go. I for the life of Me could not get the alert lights to work doing what I was doing. I was trying to turn on alert lights that evidently went with the alert tones only. As You said, " not that complicated" but i did find it somewhat tedious due to the fact You have to go into the system of FL and alert each and every talk group. Also the length of time the alert stays on leaves a little to be desired, but I think? this was address somewhat in the firmware update that just came down for the 436. Hopefully It will be addressed again to stay lit during the whole transmission? It make it easier for Me to see which one of My FL's is active while I am driving. Again, Thank You for Your time and input to My query. Southpaw57 / Bob

Re: led alert lights 11 Mar 2014 02:56 #13445

• firemantom26
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I don't see the alert light option :(

Re: led alert lights 11 Mar 2014 12:43 #13447

• southpaw57
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
Hello firemantom26, Open sentinel, at the top of page You will see edit ( star with pencil ). Click on it and it will open up Your Favorites list.Click on a favorite to edit, hit ok. A screen will come up with options to edit that particular favorite. 6 colums over You will see ' emergency alert light'. On the left click on the system and then the +, this should give You a dropdown of all the departments that are on that system. Now here comes the fun ( - : Click on a dept and another dropdown for that dept.drops down. Then one by one turn on the alert light by clicking on the alert light column and getting the alerty light option for that TG. make Your change, color, alert pattern and hit ok. Do this for all departments / talk groups in that system. Then close the box ( X at top right) and hit file save at the top left hand corner. After You do all that You want to do with alert lights, write to scanner and check erase favorites option when You do the writing. I was somewhat wary doing this erase favorite option but it works.I would start with one small favorite and write to Your scanner, I have the 436, and see how it works. Good Luck! If I gave You any wrong info, I know someone will correct Me. That's one of the great things about info on the site. Again, Gook Luck, and it can be tedious...southpaw57

Re: led alert lights 11 Mar 2014 13:35 #13449

• firemantom26
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
All see is channel alert but its just for tone not for alert lights........
Attachments:
Last Edit: 11 Mar 2014 13:36 by firemantom26.
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds