(1 viewing) (1) Guest
BCDx36HP Sentinel
  • Page:

TOPIC: Installing Sentinel Software Problem

Installing Sentinel Software Problem 26 Dec 2017 03:52 #18336

• oldsarge42
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I just bought a new 436HP and am trying to install Sentinel software so I can update the Firmware. You cannot do it using ARC software from Butel. I use Butel software on all of my scanners. I run "Setup" only to receive a message saying I need Microsoft Net Framework version 2 installed. I've done this several times to no avail. I get a message saying there isn't enough space to unzip and install when in fact there's plenty of space available. I even tried downloading the software only to get the Net Framework error message. I've never had this problem with Uniden or Butel. I rarely need help and I'm begging for it this time. In the meantime I'm editing my scan lists with ARC software. Even this version of ARC is a little bit hard to understand and use.

Re: Installing Sentinel Software Problem 26 Dec 2017 05:27 #18337

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
You will need to install the .net version it is asking you for.

In Windows 10, go to:

Control Panel --> Programs and features --> Turn Windows features on or off (in the upper left corner)

once that window populates, click in the box that says ".NET Framework 3.5 (Includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) you don't need to select the 2 sub-headings under that main one.

Click OK, and it will be installed.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds