can't get channels i want
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: can't get channels i want

Re: can't get channels i want 12 Mar 2014 17:38 #13468

• Miller214
  • ( Visitor )
thanks for the suggestion, there is really nothing posted there so i have posted a question there, hopefully i can get this resolved. I did notice some reference to encrypted systems, maybe this is my problem. I looked on ebay for an antenna upgrade but do not want to sink another $25 into this if i am never going to get the calls i want, i do get the police dispatch from a town on the other side of the river clearly so i dont know if another antenna will help. thanks again for your suggestions, hope someone in the radioreference forum can help.

Re: can't get channels i want 12 Mar 2014 17:59 #13469

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Miller214 wrote:

i looked at the links that you suggested and it seems that the quick reference card that came with the scanner is incorrect

As mentioned in the linked thread, the location of the "Fav" button was changed in a firmware upgrade after the scanner was released.

Miller214 wrote:

but even the advice that came with with the links seems incorrect, when i go to the side submenu and click advanced all i get is a grayed out bar that says edit current department. I give up on this feature and will just use the manage favorites in the menu.

The advice is indeed correct.... As also mentioned in that linked thread, the "Add to Favorites" option is accessed by tapping the side menu, and then the advanced menu from the "Channel" bar (the bottom bar), you are tapping on the "Department" (middle) bar.

Last Edit: 12 Mar 2014 18:05 by vroderick.

Re: can't get channels i want 12 Mar 2014 18:25 #13470

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Miller214 wrote:

I did notice some reference to encrypted systems, maybe this is my problem.

Encryption is one of a number of transmission types that can not be monitored by any scanner, but the database link for Radio Reference for the area that you are interested in monitoring does not show any of those types currently being used.

Posting in the Washington State forum at Radio Reference should get you some local input.

Re: can't get channels i want 12 Mar 2014 18:54 #13471

• Miller214
  • ( Visitor )
you are indeed correct, i was tapping the wrong place, i now see the add to favorites list bar, thanks for clarifying, i thought the entire side menu was one bar, not three, live and learn.

Re: can't get channels i want 12 Mar 2014 19:09 #13472

• Miller214
  • ( Visitor )
i did post a question in the radio reference washington state forum but it says it has to be moderated so it may take a while for it to even show up on the site. I also did a search there to see if anyone else had the same problem but could find nothing similar. I just spent some time talking to the uniden tech support and they agree that there is no reference to encrypted systems with the departments i am trying to get but he also says that the information on radio reference.com is entered by users of the site and are not official and may be out of date if no one has tried to use these channels lately. he also says the channels that i am receiving are conventional analog rather than the digital system that i am trying to access. Is there any other way of checking to see what may be happening, the tech support says that police departments really dont like helping you listen to them, maybe another web site that is used by scanner enthusiasts, hopefully i will get an answer from radioreference forums but i am losing hope that this scanner will ever be useful to me.

Re: can't get channels i want 12 Mar 2014 19:31 #13473

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Miller214 wrote:

I also did a search there to see if anyone else had the same problem but could find nothing similar.

These are some of the search results I got at Radio Reference for the areas you are interested in.

There may be a lot of duplicates, but there should be some useful info there (check the dates on the postings).

forums.radioreference.com/search.php?searchid=7314589

forums.radioreference.com/washington-radio-discussion-forum/243352-pasco-pd-freq-change.html

forums.radioreference.com/search.php?searchid=7314605

forums.radioreference.com/search.php?searchid=7314609

Last Edit: 12 Mar 2014 20:51 by vroderick.
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds