can't get channels i want
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: can't get channels i want

Re: can't get channels i want 10 Mar 2014 04:31 #13438

• Miller214
  • ( Visitor )
Hello, could you explain what a simulcast system is, are you referring to my scanner or the system that the police use, i am wondering if there are police systems that will not be picked up by scanners or are blocked in some way, this is my first scanner and i know nothing about them, thanks for replying, my wife spent a lot of money on this so i would love to see it work the way we understood the it would.

Re: can't get channels i want 10 Mar 2014 12:07 #13439

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Miller214 wrote:
Hello, could you explain what a simulcast system is, are you referring to my scanner or the system that the police use, i am wondering if there are police systems that will not be picked up by scanners or are blocked in some way, this is my first scanner and i know nothing about them, thanks for replying, my wife spent a lot of money on this so i would love to see it work the way we understood the it would.

wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Simulcast

wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/Simulcast_digital_distortion

Re: can't get channels i want 11 Mar 2014 04:55 #13446

• Miller214
  • ( Visitor )
hello, after reading the information on the links about simcast it doesnt seem like that is something that would affect what i get but more the quality of it, correct me if i am wrong. I would like to go back to a question i had earlier and that is do some departments block or have systems that cant be picked up by these scanners or do you (or can you) have to find out what the frequencies are for these departments from them or is there any other source besides the link that you gave me before. Is there hope for finding my local police departments calls or have we done all there is to do. thanks in advance for any insight you might share.
Marc

Re: can't get channels i want 12 Mar 2014 09:02 #13460

• Miller214
  • ( Visitor )
thanks for taking the time to reply, i have looked through the database and can see the kennewick police dispatch is there but i do not get anything from them or the richland police department but i do get pasco police department dispatch, all three cities border each other and are in the database. I have made a favorites list and narrowed it down to the channels that i want with these in it. I have two questions, you say an aftermarket antenna will help, what do you recommend and where do i purchase one that fits. I would also like to know about the "FAV" button on the submenu popups screen, according to the quick reference if you tap the side menu a FAV menu appears but i have not seen one yet so i am going into the manage favorites to edit the database list, my question is how do i get to this fav button or do i just keep adding through the manage favorites list. I understand you are not the technical support for this scanner so i appreciate any help even more.
thanks
Marc

Re: can't get channels i want 12 Mar 2014 12:13 #13461

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Miller214 wrote:
I would also like to know about the "FAV" button on the submenu popups screen, according to the quick reference if you tap the side menu a FAV menu appears but i have not seen one yet so i am going into the manage favorites to edit the database list, my question is how do i get to this fav button or do i just keep adding through the manage favorites list. I understand you are not the technical support for this scanner so i appreciate any help even more.
thanks
Marc

www.homepatrol.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=110&id=13031&Itemid=38#13031

Re: can't get channels i want 12 Mar 2014 17:02 #13467

• Miller214
  • ( Visitor )
i looked at the links that you suggested and it seems that the quick reference card that came with the scanner is incorrect but even the advice that came with with the links seems incorrect, when i go to the side submenu and click advanced all i get is a grayed out bar that says edit current department. I give up on this feature and will just use the manage favorites in the menu. Very odd that home patrol does not work the way it is advertised. I did learn to use the search for keywords like fav from these links to find out if someone else has had the same problem, maybe i will not bother people with so many question now. I am going to try logging in at www.radioreference.com/ as suggested and maybe buy another antenna from ebay,and if that doesn't work you can find this scanner on sale on ebay
thanks
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds