Getting too many channels....no problems here ....
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Getting too many channels....no problems here ....

Getting too many channels....no problems here .... 12 Mar 2014 06:29 #13458

• ps249
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I live in the central Michigan area and I am getting calls from places I never even heard of. This scanner can easily pick up calls withing a 50 mile radius. I tried a few RS digital scanners years ago. It was a fun learning curve but did not get the results I was looking for. I then found the scanner "apps" via tablets and internet but could only scan one county at a time and there's a one minute delay. I finally got the scanner bug once again and decided to check into the Uniden home patrol. I got mine used on craigslist and I simply programmed my zip code and I am getting chatter that keeps me occupied for hours on end. I thought once my local public safety agencies went digital that it was the end of scanner listening....boy was I wrong. I have been into scanners since 1994 and I can say that NOW is the best time for monitoring scanners. Its rare for me to get 2 to 3 minutes of silence on the HomePatrol1 in my area.
Uniden BCD436HP
Last Edit: 12 Mar 2014 06:49 by ps249.

Re: Getting too many channels....no problems here .... 19 Apr 2014 21:29 #13680

• Duke
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
  • WB9OJD w/ KA9UPI (deceased-my HP named for him)
You must be in a geographically high location. Good job.

Re: Getting too many channels....no problems here .... 19 Apr 2014 22:49 #13683

• ps249
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Yes I would say in all the counties - close to 1 million people. Another county will be added spring 2015. I see they are already putting up the new tower in Midland MI.
Uniden BCD436HP
Last Edit: 12 May 2014 04:12 by ps249.

Re: Getting too many channels....no problems here .... 21 Apr 2014 19:32 #13686

• jyams73
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
My experience too. Sold all my scanners because I had not turned one on in 2 years, and then found myself without one. I was frustrated with my earlier digital versions because I tired of programming even with good software. But, like you got the bug again and purchased the HP-1. We sold the longtime family home and downsized, so I broke out my Antennacraft ST2 from the attic and mounted it about 30 feet up in a pine tree (LOL). Programmed my HP-1 with Sentinel and decided to go out about 70-80 miles for conventional channels. Wow!! I'm listening on Friday nights to the world go crazy in rural America!! Picking up county systems over 60 miles away and further! Seems like its pretty quiet during the week, then Friday night hits and the screen lights up with EMS and police calls all over. There are so many rural communities with constant medical emergencies. Its scary! Anyway, enjoying scanning like never before in my easy chair while watching the NBA playoffs and MLB!
HP1, PSR-800, Pro-18

Re: Getting too many channels....no problems here .... 10 May 2014 23:19 #13770

• Duke
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
  • WB9OJD w/ KA9UPI (deceased-my HP named for him)
That's my initial rxn. with the HP-1. I've been using scanner since they were invented in the 60s.
I've been on amateur radio for nearly 40 yrs., and I started using the first scanner built by Regency
and later by Sonar Radio Corp. when I was in my 20's. Had most of the various type, those with
xtals, with combs, with first programming, etc. THIS has got to be the BEST SCANNER I've ever
owned. I love the GPS feature in the car for trips. Turn it on, preselect my services, and let
it rip. I put a Uniden power speaker on the dash, and away I go. DUKE, WB9OJD since 1974,
experimenting and building xtal sets in the early 60's.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds