programming using Sentinel
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: programming using Sentinel

programming using Sentinel 21 Apr 2014 03:40 #13684

• lightingnut
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I am trying to program my new HP1, it is taking much longer then I thought it would. I want to make a Favorites list and name it Estes Area. In this list will be the Estes Park pd, fire medical, and Larimer County Sheriff and RMNP. Under State of Colorado DTRS there is a long list of locations in the left window. What is the easiest way to remove the names I do not want in the list. Looks like there is only one way and that is to click on one at a time and then click on the X and say yes to removing it. Or should I click on State of Colorado DTRS which opens a list in the right window and then high light the ones I don't want and set them as Avoid?

Re: programming using Sentinel 21 Apr 2014 13:52 #13685

• Ohio-user
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
If my memory is right, in the right, highlight all then delete.

Re: programming using Sentinel 01 Jul 2014 13:44 #14018

• lightingnut
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Hello,
I need some more help trying to program VHF channels into my HP1.
I am trying to add the natural park, RMNP. I can pick up the VHF channels on my pro 96 but the HP1 does not pick up the VHF channels. I have the channel name listed, "Avoid" set to off, "Frequency" listed, "Modulation" set to NFM, "Audio Option set to CTCSS/DCS Search, "Service Type" is set to Federal, and "Attenuator" set to off.

I looked on the scanner and the channels show up so I am not sure what I am doing. So what am I doing wrong? I have included the file. Any help would be great.

Re: programming using Sentinel 02 Jul 2014 01:29 #14019

• rwier
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
lightingnut wrote:
Hello,
I need some more help trying to program VHF channels into my HP1.
I am trying to add the natural park, RMNP. I can pick up the VHF channels on my pro 96 but the HP1 does not pick up the VHF channels. I have the channel name listed, "Avoid" set to off, "Frequency" listed, "Modulation" set to NFM, "Audio Option set to CTCSS/DCS Search, "Service Type" is set to Federal, and "Attenuator" set to off.

I looked on the scanner and the channels show up so I am not sure what I am doing. So what am I doing wrong? I have included the file. Any help would be great.

I made a quick FL for the RMNP and attached it as a zipped hpe file. Unzip and upload into Sentinel. Compare this FL to yours. The only thing I saw that I would question, is the 22 mile range. Sounds a little small?

File Attachment:

File Name: RMNPtest.zip
File Size: 1 KB
Rob, Phoenix, AZ since '40
Used nearly every day:
996T, HP-1 (E) (x3), 500, 600, and 800 (x2)

Re: programming using Sentinel 02 Jul 2014 01:34 #14020

• rwier
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
From a previous post of yours:

" ... it is taking much longer then I thought it would. I want to make a Favorites list and name it Estes Area ... "

Just for your information, my preceding zipped attachment took less than 3 minutes from the time I opened Sentinel to the time I started my post containing the attachment.
Used nearly every day:

Re: programming using Sentinel 02 Jul 2014 01:38 #14021

• rwier
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
And again from a previous post of yours:

"...I have the channel name listed, "Avoid" set to off, "Frequency" listed, "Modulation" set to NFM, "Audio Option set to CTCSS/DCS Search, "Service Type" is set to Federal, and "Attenuator" set to off..."

I had no reason to "set" any of those options, Sentinel brings these items into a new FL correctly (automatically).
Used nearly every day:
Last Edit: 02 Jul 2014 01:39 by rwier. Reason: spelling
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds