return H P 1 to echange for a new unit
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: return H P 1 to echange for a new unit

return H P 1 to echange for a new unit 09 Aug 2014 20:29 #14173

• Buddyroe
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Would someone please provide instructions on how I can go about returning the HP 1 for exchange.If followed most of unidens technical support advice and unit is now almost non functional. It started with just garbled transmissions. That remains the same but now its only provides very short conversations from any site transmissions. I thought it was a building issue but have taken unit outside with same results. Now all three segments light up with little or no audio. Signal strength bars are never solid but mainly "flash" all bars illuminate;this too is typical outside. What is weird that most transmissions that do come through are from a site 15 miles from my location. The primary counties I listen too,their transmission sites are within 5 to 12 miles respectfully.
I reside in a 3 story brick building (senior apartment facility) so a external antenna is not a option.

So again how do I go about process to return for exchange the H P 1.

regards,

Mike K

Re: return H P 1 to echange for a new unit 11 Aug 2014 13:23 #14192

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Buddyroe wrote:

So again how do I go about process to return for exchange the H P 1.

Mike K

Where did you purchase it from?

Re: return H P 1 to echange for a new unit 11 Aug 2014 15:58 #14193

• Great Lakes
  • ( User )
  • Expert Boarder
If purchased new.Try your point of purchase place first.

Have your receipt handy when you take it back. How old is your Home Patrol ???

Your other sure thing option is to send it to Uniden for repair ......... If under warranty. Or possible minimal charges if not.
Last Edit: 11 Aug 2014 16:00 by Great Lakes. Reason: added to post about warranty

Re: return H P 1 to echange for a new unit 11 Aug 2014 18:25 #14194

• Buddyroe
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Unit was purchased new from Bearcat warehouse via the internet.
Uniden responded today stating they do not exchange. have to send it for repair to them.
Awaiting response from Bearcat to see if their response will expedite activity.

Just a comment...........all non trunked transmissions,some as far as 50 miles away, other than some crackling...transmissions are clear and complete no partial transmissions, Issue appears to be on thrunked systems

Re: return H P 1 to echange for a new unit 11 Aug 2014 22:28 #14195

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Buddyroe wrote:

Just a comment...........all non trunked transmissions,some as far as 50 miles away, other than some crackling...transmissions are clear and complete no partial transmissions, Issue appears to be on thrunked systems

What is the date of the database in your Home Patrol?

From the main screen on the Home Patrol, select MENU --> ADVANCED MENU --> scroll down arrow --> VERSION INFORMATION

What does it say there for the date of the database?

Re: return H P 1 to echange for a new unit 12 Aug 2014 17:23 #14202

• Buddyroe
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Just updated data base late yesterday.
Just another tidbit of information;

Seems the longer the unit is powered up...the degrading of transmissions continue.... Turned HP 1 on about 4:30 pm......frequent transmissions from several sources occurred,garbled but I heard majority of words. By 7:00 pm local only non trunked transmissions from as far as 50 miles away were heard. Local sources did light up all 3 segments but there was no audio. Even alert tones for fire/ambulance were heard but no audio with segments lite up.

I will probably send unit back to Uniden. They will not replace until it is tested.

Regards

Buddy Roe
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds