Can't hear.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can't hear.

Can't hear. 27 Oct 2015 17:16 #15825

• Debbie
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
I bought my HomePatrol scanner 1 year and 1 month to date. As you are aware, they are a pricey little gem. I live in Sullivan County in TN. Our county just updated to a new digital system and I can't here anything being broadcast. Is there some way to have this updated? Thanks, Debbie

Re: Can't hear. 27 Oct 2015 17:45 #15826

• vroderick
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Debbie wrote:
I bought my HomePatrol scanner 1 year and 1 month to date. As you are aware, they are a pricey little gem. I live in Sullivan County in TN. Our county just updated to a new digital system and I can't here anything being broadcast. Is there some way to have this updated? Thanks, Debbie

From looking at the database at Radio Reference (where the Home Patrol gets it's database from), Sullivan county is now listed in the Tennessee Advanced Communications Network (TACN)

www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6355

Scroll down on that page to the "TN - Sullivan County (81) - Public Safety Talkgroups" heading. Anything there with a "T" in the mode column is (or is capable of) using Phase 2.

If you have the Home Patrol-1, you will no longer be able to monitor those. The Home Patrol-1 does not have the hardware inside of it to monitor Phase 2 systems, and there is no way possible to upgrade it. You will need to purchase a Home Patrol-2 (or any other Phase-2 capable scanner) to monitor any Phase 2 systems.

Also.... the first listing under that heading - Sheriff Dispatch - is noted as being encrypted. If that is the case, there is no scanner made that will receive that.

You should at least update the database in your Home Patrol if you haven't done so lately, it may help if any changes are just to the Phase 1 systems.... or if any of the Phase 2 capable systems aren't using it yet.

Here is a link to the HP-1 owner's manual:

info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/HomePatrol/WebHome/HomePatrol_OM_V2.pdf

Follow the step-by-step instructions on page 6 to update your database, and you should update the firmware as well if you don't have the current version. (Again, this will not help with systems using Phase 2).

You will want to be sure you have the latest version of the Sentinel Software before using either update process. That can be downloaded from here:

info.uniden.com/twiki/pub/HomePatrol/HomePatrolSentinel/HomePatrol_Sentinel_2_03_02.zip

Last Edit: 27 Oct 2015 18:38 by vroderick.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds