(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: GPS Setup

GPS Setup 02 Feb 2013 17:51 #11035

• dwfindley
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
  • KB1WR, Motorcycle R1200RT BMW
I guess I qualify for 'Clueless for the Day' or Week. Whatever. I have an "Easier to Read HomePatrol Scanner Manual" and yet I was unable to get my GPS function to work.

I have the GPS kit and all the ridiculous wires and series connectors connected. I hold down the GPS button and continue to get IGNORE GPS button. It will not release to connected. Is there something obvious I am not doing? Thanks.

Re: GPS Setup 04 Feb 2013 14:28 #11057

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
The indicator switches to connected once the GPS is attached, has acquired satelite signals (which means it needs to have a view of the sky), and has started sending location data to the HP-1. Other than connecting to the HP-1, you don't have to enable anything.

Note: I deleted the duplicate thread you started on this topic. To prevent confusion and cross-replies, please do not create duplicate threads.
Last Edit: 04 Feb 2013 14:34 by UPMan.

Re: GPS Setup 04 Feb 2013 15:32 #11058

• Ohio-user
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
You also deleted my reply that way - this one had no replies. I never noticed the dupe.

OP - there was a some what detailed message I posted, but never mind.

What GPS, What cabling, what baud rate, etc. etc.

There are several GPS "kits" out there.

Forum also has a search function - there are numerous posts on connecting a GPS.
Last Edit: 04 Feb 2013 15:35 by Ohio-user.

Re: GPS Setup 04 Feb 2013 16:02 #11059

• dwfindley
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
My sincere apologies for duplicate post. Searches revealed no appreciable guidance for my specific issue. The many replies this morning have been extremely helpful and my issue has been resolved and the radio is now receiving GPS signal deep in the Hinterland of the Adirondack, NY.

Re: GPS Setup 06 Feb 2013 18:35 #11084

• dwfindley
  • ( User )
  • Senior Boarder
Although I was able to get my GPS system working and BTW it was a complete joy to experience from upstate NY to CT. However, on the issue of the GPS kit I purchased from ScannerMaster it came in multiple parts. There is a GPS 'hockey puck' that connects to a Series connector, and a power connecter that connects to a Series connector to a scanner connector that plugs into the Home Patrol. I guess if there are multiple GPS connectors out there it would be great if there was a simple GPS hockey puck that connects one wire to the Home Patrol with power splice into the kit. Hopefully, that is not confusing but if you know of a GPS connection that is a simple one wire connector I would love to acquire. I guess I could snap a pic if the above description is not clear. Appreciate the help.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds