GPS no longer available - Ignore GPS
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: GPS no longer available - Ignore GPS

GPS no longer available - Ignore GPS 07 Apr 2014 04:39 #13584

• Vest
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
My Uniden GPS used to work with the HP. I unhook it every time I remove the HP from my vehicle to prevent theft. It always saw the GPS when I would reconnect, and I would then decide whether to use the GPS or not when . Everything always worked fine. Then I set the HP to Ignore GPS once, and since then the HP is stuck on that setting, whether the GPS is connected or not. Any ideas?

Re: GPS no longer available - Ignore GPS 23 Apr 2014 02:08 #13706

• fargoadvice
  • ( User )
  • Fresh Boarder
Power it off and back on - once the GPS is connected and the HP1 is receiving a 3D lock, it'll ask to use GPS again :)

Hope this helps!

Re: GPS no longer available - Ignore GPS 08 Jun 2014 01:14 #13925

• Duke
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
  • WB9OJD w/ KA9UPI (deceased-my HP named for him)
Watch the polarity (which way you stick the GPS plus into the radio)!
I had the same problem until I identified which was the proper way.
DUKE, WB9OJD

Re: GPS no longer available - Ignore GPS 03 Dec 2017 22:39 #18301

• Duke
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Another problem with the GPS is that when I use it, sometimes I am only local, and lock the radio on the local frequencies.
Then, with the GPS working, it sometimes "hops" groups to the next previous one, and I have to keep correcting it every time,
at least once during each use. I recently determined that I need to move the GPS from where it is to a better GPS reception location on my dash.
I don't travel so much anymore, and decided to unhook the GPS until I can move the puck to the better location. What I find out is now my radio doesn't "hop" groups, and remains where I set it. Hmmm, strange. Wonder if the GPS signal being incomplete sometimes (my GPS insignia on the top of the radio will go from green to amber to red, meaning it's off-line!) I'm going to rewire in spring during warmer weather, and move the puck on the center of the driver's side, clear of the radio, mount, etc. I'm hoping that will fix it. DUKE, WB9OJD
p.s. Wonder what UPMAN would say to this problem?
Last Edit: 03 Dec 2017 22:43 by Duke. Reason: spelling

Re: GPS no longer available - Ignore GPS 07 Dec 2017 21:14 #18303

• UPMan
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
If the GPS sends an incorrect location, which is possible if it has an interrupted signal, the scanner will reload systems based on that location. When it then gets the good location again, it reloads the systems based on the good location. Since the system you were locked onto ceased to be in memory for a while, its lock is lost.

Re: GPS no longer available - Ignore GPS 16 Dec 2017 21:06 #18306

• Duke
  • ( User )
  • Platinum Boarder
Sounds plausible. Thanks, UP-man. I'm going to rewire the GPS puck to a better location in spring. My temporary fix is to unplug it, since I don't travel except within 30 miles or so. I increased the range to cover the area. Radio doesn"t hop anymore, so its okay for now. Duke WB9OJD
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds