Road Trip
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Road Trip

Road Trip 18 Jun 2010 12:18 #5

• admin
  • ( Admin )
  • Administrator
The HP-1 with GPS is exactly how traveling should be with a scanner! After getting about 3/4 of the way to my destination I suddenly realized how much communications I had missed in all my previous trips down here, it was amazing! With the HP-1 loading and unloading systems as I drove. One thing surprised me though, not sure if it was supposed to do it or not, but just about the time I went from Eastern to Central Time Zone the HP-1 reloaded everything. The time on the unit didn't change so I wonder if it had something to do with the GPS. Anyway I got to where I was going at 2:30am and was still picking up stuff from all around. Once here I popped the zip code in and all the surrounding counties are now being scanned. I did notice that TN THP seemed to pop up a bit early in the scan list. I was just on the South side of Glasgow, KY, not sure how far the state line is from there but it seems like it is more than 35 miles.

Can't wait for the trip back North. I think I'll take a different route, going up towards Lexington and Cincinnati just to get something different and see how the HP-1 does there.

John
Last Edit: 26 Jul 2010 13:20 by UPMan.

Re:Road Trip 15 Aug 2010 12:57 #180

• SigSpurious
  • ( Visitor )
How was the Home Patrol secured inside the vehicle? Is a mounting bracket/clip for mobile use included?

The last thing I want is a flying projectile in an out of control situation.

Re:Road Trip 16 Aug 2010 00:55 #183

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
Well that trip I didn't have any way to secure it other than some tape. If I had a wreck I'd have been more worried about the laptop than the HomePatrol flying around the car.

There will be a mount, similar to GPS mounts to secure the HomePatrol with.

Re:Road Trip 02 Sep 2010 23:26 #229

• samh717
  • ( Visitor )
Do you know if there are any plans to make a version designed for permanent install in a vehicle? Maybe a modified BCD996XT...?

Re:Road Trip 08 Sep 2010 21:37 #249

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
Haven't heard of any such plans but who knows what the future will bring either.

Re:Road Trip 20 Sep 2010 16:14 #303

• DFW333
  • ( Visitor )
So it can program itself to find systems in use as you pass through a region, but are you able to preset it to ignore channels? Or are you going to hear every water meter reader, over head plane & passing school bus etc etc?

You might hear more messages, but at the same time you would be hearing fewer conversations.
Last Edit: 20 Sep 2010 16:15 by .
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds