Road Trip
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Road Trip

Re:Road Trip 15 Oct 2010 07:09 #1631

• wm8l
  • ( User )
  • Junior Boarder
  • Retired LEO
One thing I have already done to the holder that comes with the HP-1 is applying a Velcro strip to the back of the HP and the holder. If you bump it, it will not fall out of the holder. Presently I have a sandbag that the HP sets on placed in the passenger seat. Works ok as without a passenger. Small car and I haven't figured out a good place or way to mount it yet. My truck is not a problem when I drive it.
HP-1,BCD536HP & BCD436HP
73\\\\\\\'S Terry

Re:Road Trip 15 Oct 2010 08:35 #1634

• randybcd396t
  • ( User )
  • Gold Boarder
John wrote:
A GPS such as this works great http://www.scannermaster.com/category_s/400.htm

And the location of the GPS port is below the power socket and says GPS below it.

That's why I wish there was an integrated GPS. Look at all the extra cables required.

Re:Road Trip 15 Oct 2010 12:11 #1664

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
Don't even notice them with all the wires in the car......4 radios, antennas, cell phone GPS, and a bunch of other odds and ends.... whats two more wires.....

Re:Road Trip 18 Nov 2010 18:41 #3189

• team diehard
  • ( Visitor )
I just picked up my HP-1 today. Sold a BCD996T to buy it. No problems gettin it up and running.

I am looking forward to using it on my cross country trips each year.

Every summer I take multiple trips across country on several road rallies. www.bullrun.com & www.rallynorthamerica.com

It has become very essential to have a scanner on board during these trips.

Question is: where can I obtain a cable to hook it to my GPS ? I have a Garmin Nuvi 880

I have been on this site following the various topics in this matter but have not come up with a solution.

Can you assist ?

Thanks in advance, Brian
Bullrun_finish_line.jpg

Re:Road Trip 18 Nov 2010 19:55 #3191

• John
  • ( Moderator )
  • Administrator
ScannerMaster has them but I don't know if the GPS you have will work or not. It has to have the proper serial NMEA output and most newer GPS don't have that.

Re:Road Trip 18 Nov 2010 20:55 #3193

• team diehard
  • ( Visitor )
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated!!

Its kind of crazy... buying a new scanner then finding out I might need a older GPS to utilize the GPS function on the scanner.

I do hope Uniden figures this issue out before many more of the HP-1 units are sold.

I purchased mine specifically for "over the road" and long distance trips along with its compability with a GPS unit. Just sold my BCD 996T dues to its inability to do as I wanted without a lot of programing.

The assessory kit www.scannermaster.com/GPS_Accessory_Kit_p/01-531537.htm is currently out of stock at scanner master. I will keep checkinng its availibility.

Once again, Thanks for your assistance.
Time to create page: 0.20 seconds